Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tyrant tunes ?

Old 03-13-2019, 07:02 AM
Bohen
Senior User
Bohen has a good reputation on FTE.Bohen has a good reputation on FTE.Bohen has a good reputation on FTE.
Tyrant tunes ?

I'm going to be getting the sctx4 with Tyrant tunes My question is I'm definitely going to be getting the tow tune but for this truck being my daily driver what else is recommended if any? I'm going to be keeping the factory air Box and of course changing the exhaust thank you for all your input..Cheers

Old 03-13-2019, 07:20 AM
cangim
Postmaster
cangim has a good reputation on FTE.cangim has a good reputation on FTE.cangim has a good reputation on FTE.
I have been happy with the tow tune that I have, that is all I have is the tow tune haven't felt like I am missing out with ability to switch tunes. On my 7.3 I had 7 flavors of tunes with push button module from DP Tuner, rarely did I ever change them. With as much power as these make, probably would be just as happy with stock w/delete.

Old 03-14-2019, 01:57 PM
goatram
Senior User
goatram is starting off with a positive reputation.
I tuned my truck 5 weeks ago with a SCTX4 with Tyrant tunes from Alligator Performance, Shift on the Fly. Fuel Mileage Was not good. Called Alligator up and asked what was up and their comment was they could not address that issue. Called Eric at Quick Tricks Auto and Bought both a Tow Tune and Performance tune from him. The Tow Tune is giving me a 14.6mpg now. unloaded and it will stay on that tune for the next 2 weeks. Pulling my boat 15,000lbs at the bumper. Last week pulling a Durango 1000 miles it was 11,9mpg. A friend down my street turned me on to Eric. His 2014 truck on the Performance tune had 21mpg on the gauge. I did have to buy a air intake S&B with a paper filter. It kept popping a code P00 Air Mass Sensor Too High. Since replacing it no more codes. Fit correct. When I had it on the Performance tune it belched smoke if punched. Fast but Rolled Coal, not good in the PNW. On the Tow Tune no smoke and still has a bunch of power. My problem is keeping my truck at 60mph. So basically getting the same mileage as before at this time

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: