Notices

I need

Old 03-20-2019, 10:45 PM
Army RET
Posting Guru
Army RET is a splendid one to beholdArmy RET is a splendid one to beholdArmy RET is a splendid one to beholdArmy RET is a splendid one to beholdArmy RET is a splendid one to beholdArmy RET is a splendid one to beholdArmy RET is a splendid one to behold
I need

When towing I find myself needing to simultaneously plug in / mount four items.
Cell Phone, RV GPS (not the onboard one), RV tires pressure monitor and 5ths backup camera.

Is there a product that allows all this to be mounted, cleanly / securely consolidated? Ideally screens up top and power plugs down below.
Also, is there a better forum to ask this question in?

Old 03-20-2019, 11:28 PM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.
Are you asking for help identifying the psychological disorder you have that makes you want to mount that many things to your dash?

I can mount two items at the same time, but using different mounts in different locations. More than that would be challenging for me.

Old 03-21-2019, 05:15 AM
kgburns
Senior User
kgburns is starting off with a positive reputation.
I found a decent looking mini console that matched my interior then permanently mounted a cigarette lighter power distribution with four outlets to the mini console, hardwired that box in. I changed out the cigarette lighter outlet on the passenger side with a dual USB/battery voltage outlet. Then my aftermarket stereo head has a USB outlet.
The cigarette lighter box on the console powers my GPS and my RV backup camera, but the only time I use it is when backing. The dual USB in the dash gives SWMBO a place to keep her cell phone and tablet charged while we're traveling.
The final lighter power outlet is used occasionally to charge my Light for Life flashlight.
The USB outlet on the radio is used only when the cell phone I run Torque Pro starts running low on battery. When traveling with the grandkids, one of the console power outlets is used by an extension cord run under the seats to a dual USB outlet to keep their phones/tablets charged.

Then the cigarette lighter outlet on the drivers side is free just in case

Old 03-21-2019, 10:47 AM
'65Ford
Posting Guru
'65Ford is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I don't know but I'm guessing you can get all of that on your phone... tire pressure, gps, etc. Seems like there is an app for everything. That way you can cut it all down to just one do-dad or two at the most. I can't imagine driving with all that clutter on top of the standard dash board gauges.

Old 03-21-2019, 12:18 PM
Edd505
Junior User
Edd505 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Edd505 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Up fitter switches. 2 - 30amp/ 1 - 20 amp/ 1 - 15 amp plus 2 cigarette lighters for power or maybe something like https://www.galls.com/consoles-organ...roducts_scroll

Old 03-21-2019, 04:12 PM
SDcrewzer
Posting Guru
SDcrewzer is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.SDcrewzer is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Lightbulb

Check out this dash mount. It may not be able to fit all of your gear, but it might be a foundation upon which to build.

https://www.builtrightind.com/produc...015-ford-f-150

HTH,
Jim / crewzer

Old 03-21-2019, 08:45 PM
Sunnyside42
Senior User
Sunnyside42 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by SDcrewzer View Post
Check out this dash mount. It may not be able to fit all of your gear, but it might be a foundation upon which to build.

https://www.builtrightind.com/produc...015-ford-f-150

HTH,
Jim / crewzer
That plus a series of RAM Mounts should fit the bill.

Old 03-21-2019, 09:38 PM
Army RET
Posting Guru
Army RET is a splendid one to beholdArmy RET is a splendid one to beholdArmy RET is a splendid one to beholdArmy RET is a splendid one to beholdArmy RET is a splendid one to beholdArmy RET is a splendid one to beholdArmy RET is a splendid one to behold
In my case this was more of a rant; to accommodate all of our modern technology aids we need the cockpit space of a Peterbuilt - and a separate battery to power everything.

Old 03-22-2019, 10:08 AM
'65Ford
Posting Guru
'65Ford is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I hear you...too many semi-useful gizmos already...

My phone stays in my pocket. If it rings I hand it to someone in the truck. I have a standard gps (haven't found a need for a special rv gps). I would never trust a camera alone when backing into a campsite with people around who I guarantee will get behind me or under a tire sooner or later so I can't figure what's the purpose of having one..

A tpm system would be nice...been meaning to look into that.

Old 03-22-2019, 05:13 PM
jsm180
Posting Guru
jsm180 has a very good reputation on FTE.jsm180 has a very good reputation on FTE.jsm180 has a very good reputation on FTE.
7' GPS and Edge are hard mounted, cell phone is on a flex mount off the floor. E series lower dash has 3 12v sockets, usb and aux. There is another 12v socket behind the gps. When we travel the boss has her laptop on a Ram Mount Back up camera is in the radio head.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.