Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Timbren SES

Old 03-14-2019, 05:19 PM
blueglide
Senior User
blueglide is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by saskowner View Post
Looks like I am going to give the only negative feedback on these. I had them on my 2011 F350 and they worked great when the truck camper was on. When the camper was off, which was most of the time, they rode extremely rough and my back just couldn't take it. On my install there was about 1/2" free space between theTimbren's and the stop so virtually every bump caused an abrupt jolt when the Timbren's bottomed out.
Gary
Yeah that's not enough space. My Timbrens came with different spacers so there was plenty of gap while unloaded and they contacted the bump stop when loaded. If there isn't large enough gap unloaded the truck will beat you to death.

Old 03-14-2019, 06:36 PM
slapshot12
Senior User
slapshot12 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Rockinfigs View Post
Yeah know what you mean...for me having it on n not having to worry about it when I hook up my 5th wheel is a huge advantage..the roads I drive around here are not too bad but yes when hitting some bumps it will jar you..

I wish timbrens came up w a system where u can install the bracket but the rubber bumb stop was removeable n interchangeable. Meaning I wish I could slide a shorter rubber bump stop onto their bracket n lock it in place when not towing..and when towing..I can slide on a taller bump stop. Now that would be awesome
Thatís what I have after replacing the stock Aeon springs with slightly shorter ones. But, I leave the short ones installed all the time. The shorter ones give a little more clearance between the spring and the axle, and greatly improves the empty ride. I got the part number from Timbren, A00550-65P30, and ordered from SDtrucksprings. The old sold individually, so youíll need two.

https://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index...ducts_id=50689

Old 03-14-2019, 06:37 PM
slapshot12
Senior User
Originally Posted by steve.barnett71 View Post
Where did you get the shorter Aeon springs and do you have a part number? I would like some shorter ones for mine.
https://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index...ducts_id=50689

Order 2

Old 03-14-2019, 07:25 PM
saskowner
Senior User
saskowner is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yeah know what you mean...for me having it on n not having to worry about it when I hook up my 5th wheel is a huge advantage..the roads I drive around here are not too bad but yes when hitting some bumps it will jar you..

I wish timbrens came up w a system where u can install the bracket but the rubber bumb stop was removeable n interchangeable. Meaning I wish I could slide a shorter rubber bump stop onto their bracket n lock it in place when not towing..and when towing..I can slide on a taller bump stop. Now that would be awesome
Yes that would be a perfect compromise.
Gary

Old 03-14-2019, 10:15 PM
George C
Senior User
George C is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.George C is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I had them in a 2012 Chevy Silverado. They basically turn your loaded suspension directly onto your axle with just rubber blocks acting like some sort of spring. I couldn’t take the jarring when towing. I’ll never buy them again.

Old 03-15-2019, 06:16 AM
steve.barnett71
Freshman User
steve.barnett71 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by slapshot12 View Post
Thank you! Do you recall how much shorter they were?

Old 03-15-2019, 06:37 PM
slapshot12
Senior User
Thank you! Do you recall how much shorter they were?
Iíd have to measure again, but I want to say just over an inch.

Old 04-15-2019, 10:16 AM
steve.barnett71
Freshman User
steve.barnett71 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have to say Timbren has great customer service and have been amazing to deal with. I contacted them because the Aeon Springs that came with the kit I installed on my F350 were a little too long and caused a rough ride when empty. They replied almost immediately and shipped out a shorter set for me. Unfortunately the new set of springs they sent were too small and when I looked up the part number they were a lower capacity spring also. I contacted customer service again and they shipped another set out free of charge also! These appear be exactly what I was looking for. Empty ride is much improved. I will update on the loaded ride once I pulled the camper again for the first time with them installed.

The part number to the new Aeon Springs is A545-65.

Old 04-15-2019, 01:22 PM
LaxPlaya21
Posting Guru
LaxPlaya21 has a very good reputation on FTE.LaxPlaya21 has a very good reputation on FTE.LaxPlaya21 has a very good reputation on FTE.LaxPlaya21 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I had great success with these on my 2013 F250 6.7. This truck seem to excessively squat compared to all of my other trucks. When my truck is loaded, it's usually loaded to capacity hauling a dump trailer. The Timbrens made the truck feel much more stable under load. The only time I noticed them when unloaded was when I hit a large bump (and yes it could be jarring). If I had planned a long road trip unloaded I would have no issues removing these as it took maybe 10 mins max to install them.

Old 05-08-2019, 06:13 PM
kho6658
Senior User
kho6658 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have to say Timbren has great customer service and have been amazing to deal with. I contacted them because the Aeon Springs that came with the kit I installed on my F350 were a little too long and caused a rough ride when empty. They replied almost immediately and shipped out a shorter set for me. Unfortunately the new set of springs they sent were too small and when I looked up the part number they were a lower capacity spring also. I contacted customer service again and they shipped another set out free of charge also! These appear be exactly what I was looking for. Empty ride is much improved. I will update on the loaded ride once I pulled the camper again for the first time with them installed.

The part number to the new Aeon Springs is A545-65.
On my 17 350, I have the same issue when driving unloaded. Contacted support today and they asked me to measure the gap. I'm at 1/4 inch and sent them the picture. They are sending me another set that I guessing will be shorter. Customer service has been great. Answered my email within 30 minutes and shipped out a new set same day. Hopefully the set will be what you got with your final set.

Old 05-08-2019, 07:28 PM
Iowa Boy
Freshman User
Iowa Boy is starting off with a positive reputation.
I put these on my truck too because it's easy and they are fairly cheap. I also put on some shorter rubber springs as i thought the ones in the kit were too big for my intended use. I have maybe 1" to 1-1/2" gap as recall. They don't really come into play when the truck is empty but eliminates the squat when loaded. They do stiffen up the ride when loaded.
They did seem very stiff right after I installed them but seemed to soften up a little after some use, or i just got used to the ride. I have run air bags on all my older trucks and never have had any issues, and I do prefer how they ride loaded and unloaded as they can be adjusted for different loads. The only down side to the air bags is they cost more and are more complicated to install, they can leak and can limit axle travel. So i think both systems have advantages and disadvantages but overall I'm satisfied with the Timbrens. If I hauled heavy loads on a very regular basis I would go air bag though. Just my 2 cents.

Old 05-08-2019, 08:43 PM
Rockinfigs
Senior User
Rockinfigs is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
So I have these on my 2019 f350..Fr350SDJ ..did u guys get shorter springs than the ones that came w this kit? Cuz when I tow my 5th wheely truck sit nicely

Old 05-08-2019, 09:43 PM
kho6658
Senior User
So I have these on my 2019 f350..Fr350SDJ ..did u guys get shorter springs than the ones that came w this kit? Cuz when I tow my 5th wheely truck sit nicely
I got the same for my F350 but they didn't have enough clearance when unloaded. They are sending me shorter ones. How much clearance do you have uploaded?

Old 05-08-2019, 10:25 PM
Rockinfigs
Senior User
Rockinfigs is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by kho6658 View Post
I got the same for my F350 but they didn't have enough clearance when unloaded. They are sending me shorter ones. How much clearance do you have uploaded?
I'll check when I get home...it doesn't really bother time a whole lot unloaded..I'm afraid if I get shorter rubber then when loaded w my 5th wheel the rear will squat down more

Old 05-08-2019, 10:37 PM
kho6658
Senior User
I'll check when I get home...it doesn't really bother time a whole lot unloaded..I'm afraid if I get shorter rubber then when loaded w my 5th wheel the rear will squat down more
I bought to remove the squat of my 5th wheel also. I think if I can get 1 to 1 1/2 inch gap unloaded and with normal rake that I have now, I should be level with my 5th wheel hooked up.

Last edited by kho6658; 05-08-2019 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Typo

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.