2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Timbren SES

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 06:13 PM
friscocrownie
5th Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Timbren SES

Are these a worthwhile upgrade in contrast to airbags? Really just trying to avoid squat from 5th wheel as best I can and Timbrens sound like a good option, it interested in experiences

Old 03-13-2019, 06:50 PM
blueglide
Senior User
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
I had Timbrens on my 2015 F350 CCLB 6.2 dually. I used them in conjunction with Torklift upper and lower stable loads when I was hauling my heavy Arctic Fox slide-in camper. They worked well for me and helped stabilize the heavy load without allowing the springs to overload. I really liked them since they were simple and failsafe since there were no air bladders, hoses, compressors, or fittings to fail. Unlike air bags they aren't adjustable but I didn't need adjustability just the additional spring support.

Old 03-13-2019, 08:00 PM
slapshot12
More Turbo
Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
I have them on my ‘17 F350 and they work really well. I did swap the Aeon springs (the rubber part) for a shorter one to get my truck level while towing. The stock springs were slightly too tall. This swap also helped the unloaded ride as well. While towing my 5th wheel, the ride is much improved.

They are a good alternative to air bags, which I’ve had before. I like not having to worry about air pressure. Once you install these, you can forget all about them.

Old 03-13-2019, 08:17 PM
TCNashville
Laughing Gas
Received 170 Likes on 138 Posts
I had them on my '12 F-250 and loved them as they did exactly what I wanted them to do. The key to the Timbrens is that they must engage the bumpstop while under load or they'll beat the crap out of you.

Old 03-13-2019, 09:55 PM
Rockinfigs
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have had timbrens or Firestone airbags on all my trucks..from tundra to my current f350...I'm currently running the timbrens on my f350 and love em...no worrying about adjusting the bags manually..or if u get the air tank w remote worrying about electrical parts going bad over time. And of course leaks which I've experienced...but not too say air bags are bad..alot of people run em n have no issues..but timbrens are install and forget. No moving parts to worry about going bad . The only downside to timbrens is if you hit a big bump you will feel the timbrens..but during reg driving you won't feel them at all..I tow a 5th wheel n the timbrens support my rear n level out my truck perfectly.

Old 03-14-2019, 12:53 AM
RainDesert
Cargo Master
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
I have run timbrens on a F150 and my 2017 F250. They worked great and performed well. I like the simplicity of the system. The set I had came with different spacers so that I could dial in the bump height to fit perfectly for my needs. In fact I kept/used the same set from the F150 on the 2017 F250.

Old 03-14-2019, 06:07 AM
Joe T
Lead Driver
Received 934 Likes on 736 Posts
I used them on a tundra and the primary downside is if you hit a big dip in the road it will bounce you up. Needs better shocks.

Old 03-14-2019, 06:21 AM
jschira
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
I have had them on 3 or 4 trucks. Love them. The are simple and do what they say. Cannot recommend them highly enough.

Old 03-14-2019, 06:52 AM
Poncho450
Lead Driver
Received 939 Likes on 578 Posts
Originally Posted by jschira
I have had them on 3 or 4 trucks. Love them. The are simple and do what they say. Cannot recommend them highly enough.
Same here. Had them on a couple of 150s and a 2014 F250. Fairly easy install. They come into play when you have a load and are not engaged when empty.
I didn't bother with them on the 2017 because the truck has the factory helper springs. I haven't had a load or a trailer heavy enough to even engage those in a year & a half of ownership.

Old 03-14-2019, 10:27 AM
TankerUSMC
New User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have them on the front for my 9 foot Boss V plow.2017 CCSB w plow package. Fantastic ,reduces squat to almost nothing with plow raised.Dont know there there when running without plow.

Old 03-14-2019, 12:25 PM
saskowner
Tuned
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Looks like I am going to give the only negative feedback on these. I had them on my 2011 F350 and they worked great when the truck camper was on. When the camper was off, which was most of the time, they rode extremely rough and my back just couldn't take it. On my install there was about 1/2" free space between theTimbren's and the stop so virtually every bump caused an abrupt jolt when the Timbren's bottomed out.
Gary

Old 03-14-2019, 12:36 PM
Rockinfigs
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by saskowner
Looks like I am going to give the only negative feedback on these. I had them on my 2011 F350 and they worked great when the truck camper was on. When the camper was off, which was most of the time, they rode extremely rough and my back just couldn't take it. On my install there was about 1/2" free space between theTimbren's and the stop so virtually every bump caused an abrupt jolt when the Timbren's bottomed out.
Gary
Yeah know what you mean...for me having it on n not having to worry about it when I hook up my 5th wheel is a huge advantage..the roads I drive around here are not too bad but yes when hitting some bumps it will jar you..

I wish timbrens came up w a system where u can install the bracket but the rubber bumb stop was removeable n interchangeable. Meaning I wish I could slide a shorter rubber bump stop onto their bracket n lock it in place when not towing..and when towing..I can slide on a taller bump stop. Now that would be awesome

Old 03-14-2019, 01:37 PM
RainDesert
Cargo Master
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Rockinfigs

I wish timbrens came up w a system where u can install the bracket but the rubber bumb stop was removeable n interchangeable. Meaning I wish I could slide a shorter rubber bump stop onto their bracket n lock it in place when not towing..and when towing..I can slide on a taller bump stop. Now that would be awesome
Now that is a great idea! Multiple lengths would make for a perfect setup every time.

Old 03-14-2019, 01:42 PM
visceral
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do appreciate that with Upper Stable-loads they are easy enough to install/take out that I actually install them every time I put the camper on. The ride with the camper off is just much too hard.

Old 03-14-2019, 02:40 PM
steve.barnett71
5th Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by slapshot12
I have them on my ‘17 F350 and they work really well. I did swap the Aeon springs (the rubber part) for a shorter one to get my truck level while towing. The stock springs were slightly too tall. This swap also helped the unloaded ride as well. While towing my 5th wheel, the ride is much improved.

They are a good alternative to air bags, which I’ve had before. I like not having to worry about air pressure. Once you install these, you can forget all about them.

Where did you get the shorter Aeon springs and do you have a part number? I would like some shorter ones for mine.

Quick Reply: Timbren SES