Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rare Colors/Options?

Old 03-15-2019, 06:33 AM
Matt M, PA
Posting Guru
Matt M, PA is a name known to allMatt M, PA is a name known to allMatt M, PA is a name known to allMatt M, PA is a name known to allMatt M, PA is a name known to allMatt M, PA is a name known to all
When I ordered my 2005 new, I got an XLT because you could still get chrome bumpers and grill. I also didn't want the tan Limited or EB interior. I got every option available on the XLT, except rear seat DVD and leather. Auto climate control was not available on the XLT, nor were foglights.

Without looking at the manual, I seem to remember an optional wheel that was int he brochure, but never came available. I assumed at the time that it was a mistake in the brochure as they Ex didn't get the new front suspension as that wheel came on the 2005 SD.

As far as accessories go, I bought the Excursion embroidered floor mats (still have an extra set in the box) and the Excursion all weather mats. Still have those, too. I bought the foglight kit, and retrofittted it to fit a 2005. Since Ford dropped the underhood light, console and cubby bins mats in 2005, I bought them at the dealer and installed them.

I still have the brochure, accessories catalog and even the dealer order book Excursion pages for 2005.

Old 03-15-2019, 07:34 AM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader
wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by pirate4x4_camo View Post
Cool brochure, and how can we forget the most desirable option of both models, rear captains !

anybody still have their dealer perks from when they bought theirs new ?
My brother still has his folding lawn chairs with stuff sack. I seem to recall they have Eddie Bower stitched on the backs ??
yes, I still have the folding chairs that came with our XLT.

Old 03-15-2019, 09:09 AM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
WE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Matt M, PA View Post
Without looking at the manual, I seem to remember an optional wheel that was int he brochure, but never came available. I assumed at the time that it was a mistake in the brochure as they Ex didn't get the new front suspension as that wheel came on the 2005 SD.
I still have the brochure, accessories catalog and even the dealer order book Excursion pages for 2005.
Matt, if I recall correctly the optional wheels shown in the '05 sales brochure but never offered were actually the same as the '04 Lariat/King Ranch 18"s, no idea why Ford didn't follow through with them, they had those wheels in the system and they fit the EX perfectly.

Old 03-15-2019, 09:24 AM
Matt M, PA
Posting Guru
Matt M, PA is a name known to allMatt M, PA is a name known to allMatt M, PA is a name known to allMatt M, PA is a name known to allMatt M, PA is a name known to allMatt M, PA is a name known to all
Good point, Tom. I just don't recall the details...but remember that I wanted to order them on mine...but they weren't actually available..

Old 03-15-2019, 05:24 PM
chetspencer
Posting Guru
chetspencer is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.chetspencer is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I don't see Pueblo Gold on the list for 2005 exterior paint.

Old 03-15-2019, 05:35 PM
Skip1970
Post Fiend
Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
it seems like terodore red is most common up here in alaska thats all i usually see.

Old 03-15-2019, 05:53 PM
Fedele33
New User
Fedele33 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by chetspencer View Post
I have an 05 Pueblo gold and see very few of them on the road at least in northeast Ohio.

Old 03-15-2019, 06:42 PM
chetspencer
Posting Guru
chetspencer is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.chetspencer is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Pueblo Gold for the win!

Old 03-15-2019, 10:28 PM
pirate4x4_camo
Post Fiend
pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by chetspencer View Post
my dealer called it "Old Man Gold". it is a popular color in CA

Old 03-15-2019, 10:30 PM
pirate4x4_camo
Post Fiend
pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by Matt M, PA View Post
When I ordered my 2005 new, I got an XLT because you could still get chrome bumpers and grill. I also didn't want the tan Limited or EB interior. I got every option available on the XLT, except rear seat DVD and leather. Auto climate control was not available on the XLT, nor were foglights.

As far as accessories go, I bought the Excursion embroidered floor mats (still have an extra set in the box) and the Excursion all weather mats. Still have those, too. I bought the foglight kit, and retrofittted it to fit a 2005. Since Ford dropped the underhood light, console and cubby bins mats in 2005, I bought them at the dealer and installed them.

I like your style,
I remember really wanting the rims you speak of, My dealer had a set on display. they were a Factory Forged rims and very cool, I recall them being around $1800 and I couldn't swing that at the time.

Old 03-16-2019, 10:29 AM
Apocalypse
Post Fiend
Apocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputation
Where's my Mineral Grey?!?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.