Notices
1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

VIN Question

Old 02-09-2019, 08:30 PM
Kramercd
Senior User
Kramercd is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by NumberDummy View Post
Where is the series? No see um.

CUA16951:

C = 1982 / U = Louisville KY plant / A16951 = The trucks specific serial number.
Originally Posted by Kramercd View Post
I was referring to the stamp on the frame having the series. Whereas the transmission only had the assembly plant and sequence.

I found the casting number on the head today, but didn't see a date code anywhere on it. Did i over look it or did it not get one?

Old 02-09-2019, 09:24 PM
FuzzFace2
Post Fiend
FuzzFace2 is a name known to allFuzzFace2 is a name known to allFuzzFace2 is a name known to allFuzzFace2 is a name known to allFuzzFace2 is a name known to allFuzzFace2 is a name known to all
I did not know a part VIN was on the motor or trany as they are swapped all the time.
Heck it could be done by the dealer under warranty in the first year of its life.
DMV only cares about the VIN in the windshield and on the frame and maybe the door jamb.

The cast date on the head maybe in the spring valley area. Most of them I have seen look like a clock.
Dave ----

Old 02-10-2019, 12:46 PM
Kramercd
Senior User
Kramercd is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by FuzzFace2 View Post
I did not know a part VIN was on the motor or trany as they are swapped all the time.
Heck it could be done by the dealer under warranty in the first year of its life.
DMV only cares about the VIN in the windshield and on the frame and maybe the door jamb.

The cast date on the head maybe in the spring valley area. Most of them I have seen look like a clock.
Dave ----
I was surprised to see the stamp on the tranny. Hadnt even heard rumors of it being there. Makes me think the engine would have one as well. I've got two polished flats on my block that look like aluminum, one is stamped mexico and the other has 2 numbers a four digit on one side and a 5 or 6 on the other side. I assume that would be where the number was stamped, but my engine is a replacement. Also, pretty sure the clock shaped numbers are the numbers of the mold that was used to cast the part, for quality control purposes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.