Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Simple Headlight Replacement/Upgrade

Old 01-28-2019, 11:04 AM
ZSK
Senior User
ZSK has a very good reputation on FTE.ZSK has a very good reputation on FTE.ZSK has a very good reputation on FTE.
Simple Headlight Replacement/Upgrade

A couple weeks ago I noticed that I had a headlight out, it was just out and not a wiring issue. I while back I bought a new pair of sealed beam lights, sockets and relays I figured it was time to replace them. I have a '56 so I'm running 12volt negative ground. I still intend on running a dedicated power circuit and relays to take the load off of the headlight switch but for now just the bulb and socket changes.

I used the Sylvania H6024 Bulb the old one burned out and clouded up pretty good.

I replaced the sockets with Dorman part number 84790

All wrapped up:

Old 01-28-2019, 11:11 AM
Mixer man
Journeyman Apprentice
Mixer man has a brilliant futureMixer man has a brilliant futureMixer man has a brilliant futureMixer man has a brilliant futureMixer man has a brilliant futureMixer man has a brilliant futureMixer man has a brilliant futureMixer man has a brilliant futureMixer man has a brilliant futureMixer man has a brilliant futureMixer man has a brilliant future
Very nice. Do those sockets come with that boot?

Old 01-28-2019, 11:16 AM
ZSK
Senior User
ZSK has a very good reputation on FTE.ZSK has a very good reputation on FTE.ZSK has a very good reputation on FTE.
Yes, rubber boot with three wire pigtails, Green Red and Black. The part number 84790 is for a pair of sockets, I had taken one out of the package.

https://www.autozone.com/collision-b...67899_216208_0

Old 03-12-2019, 05:10 PM
bassdr
New User
bassdr is starting off with a positive reputation.
Nice find on the headlight sockets. thanks! I'm Converting form 6 volt to 12. Pulled the headlight **** for the first time and it pulled out in my hand! So do I need a specific 12 volt switch to replace, or would the replacement that was meant for a 6 volt system work? Thanks as always guys!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.