Wheel Bearings - which ones to get? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Dentsides Ford Truck

Wheel Bearings - which ones to get?

Old 01-22-2019, 12:49 AM
mbeards
Junior User
mbeards is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wheel Bearings - which ones to get?

Hi all -- I've tried using the forum search to no avail. I'm planning on replacing the rear drum brakes on my early 77 4wd F-250 and figured since I'll have it all apart I may as well replace the wheel bearings and seals. They don't appear to be that expensive, so I thought I may as well buy the fronts too. When I replaced the locking hubs on the front a few years back after I bought the truck I didn't replace the front bearings.

I understand Timken is a good brand? I'm struggling to figure out exactly what I should buy. As best as I know the truck is a "standard" hi-boy. Manufactured in November of 76 for the 77 model year with disc brakes in the front and drums in the rear. Serial number is O (oh) 29,927. I'm assuming it's a Dana 44 in front and Dana 60 in the rear.

Anyone have any part numbers to suggest? Front and rear wheel bearings and whatever other pieces I'd need (races, seals, etc...). Looks like Timken Set 45 but I'm hoping someone with more knowledge can confirm.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.