Shift solenoids - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices

Shift solenoids

Old 12-31-2018, 03:27 PM
Kellip25
New User
Kellip25 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Shift solenoids

I have a 2003 f250 5.4L 4x4 I was wondering how many shift solenoids are in the transmission and what are the issues that occur when the solenoids go out?

Very much appriciated

Old 12-31-2018, 03:34 PM
ford390gashog
Post Fiend
ford390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud of
The dual solenoid goes out the most. I normally replace all 3 and install the superior correction kit or transgo. https://globaltransmissionparts.com/...kaAmdrEALw_wcB

Old 12-31-2018, 06:03 PM
Mark Kovalsky
Post Fiend
Mark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputation
There are two shift solenoids. There is also a torque converter clutch lockup solenoid and a pressure control solenoid.

Depending on which solenoid you're talking about you could have missed shifts, no torque converter lock or unlock, or almost no power if the pressure control solenoid fails to low pressure.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.