MAS - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
Garage & Workshop Tips & Ideas for the garage or workshop. No Truck Tech Discussion

MAS

Old 12-31-2018, 10:53 AM
westofpeco
New User
westofpeco is starting off with a positive reputation.
MAS

If you have a bad MAS and you unplug it does the computer go to a default setting and the truck should start?

Old 02-02-2019, 07:43 PM
jade79
Elder User
jade79 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
If you're referring the the MAF (Mass Air Flow sensor) yes the truck should go into a "limp home" mode if it were disconnected. I don't think a bad MAF would be responsible for the truck not starting, just run like crap.

Old 02-02-2019, 11:05 PM
ford2go
Postmaster
ford2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud of
Did some googling and the general answer was that it should still run --it will try to use other sensors (throttle position for one) plus some default trim values. Would probably run like crap.

If you have another problem as well, it could just die. I think that it would normally start and run for a little while at least. Computer doesn't do too much until the temp is like 160F.

hj

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.