separated standpipe - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

separated standpipe

Old 01-11-2019, 08:31 PM
TooManyToys.
Post Fiend
TooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud of
Sometimes you can just side load the tool and bolt to get the bolt from turning, and depending on the situation I may use my thumb ratchets or go powered with the Milwaukee 1/4 if there's room.

Old 01-11-2019, 09:40 PM
namnguye
Senior User
namnguye has a good reputation on FTE.namnguye has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by TooManyToys. View Post
Sometimes you can just side load the tool and bolt to get the bolt from turning, and depending on the situation I may use my thumb ratchets or go powered with the Milwaukee 1/4 if there's room.
Yes, that's a good trick. That day, my head wasn't working right. Probably too tired to do anything right.
I used left hand finger to press on top to create some resistance. It works sometimes, but it wasn't very good. Maybe tilted the tool just a bit to unwind the wrench would work well like you said (is that what you meant side load?). After all was done, I realized I used the hand squeeze ratchet before for this part.

Old 01-12-2019, 02:02 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Yahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputation
I have a very loose Apex bit holder that I put my finger on the top and use the other hand to rock it back and forth.
Also when I say loose I am talking the ratcheting action. The tool does a very good job holding the bit. Here is the tool.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-35-P...ol-Set/3387640

Now with out getting into all the math. This tool also works for torquing the bolts back down. So long as you stay at 90
you don't have to add or subtract from the torque value. This is a lot easier with some diagrams that I don't have right now.
The simple answer is if you add from the pivot point or subtract from the pivot point then the torque value changes. If you at
90 to the pivot point then your not adding or subtracting. The one other thing that will screw things up is tool flex or twist.

So that tool I listed above is OK for light values. It is going to flex some.

Old 01-13-2019, 04:00 PM
Mich6.0
Senior User
Mich6.0 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well here is another observation I have noticed my original standpipes have a spring loaded valve in it and the new updated one doesn't . Anybody notice this little bit of information when they did theirs.

Old 01-13-2019, 06:20 PM
namnguye
Senior User
namnguye has a good reputation on FTE.namnguye has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Mich6.0 View Post
Well here is another observation I have noticed my original standpipes have a spring loaded valve in it and the new updated one doesn't . Anybody notice this little bit of information when they did theirs.
I think you may have it backward. The updated one has a 1 way valve so it keeps oil. That way, after sitting over night, it has all the oil need to start right away.

Old 01-13-2019, 09:03 PM
Mich6.0
Senior User
Mich6.0 is starting off with a positive reputation.
don't have it backwards, new one if you separate you can look straight thru the tube or shine a light thru the oil passage holes and see the light. I will call Bear lake tomorrow and ask them to pull another and check .

Old 01-13-2019, 09:43 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Yahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputation
The check valve is in the top half and to get at it you have to unscrew the section.

Never mind that top section in the last photo on the left side. That is one of the old ones.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.