Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Ford Dealership Frustration

Notices
6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Ford Dealership Frustration

Old 12-29-2018, 12:29 PM
diesel_dan
Post Fiend
diesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud of
Tim: another thought for you is to take your truck over to CarMax in Reno and have them appraise it. They may say we won't touch it, or (hopefully) they give you a price they'd pay you for the truck. Then you take that with you to a different dealer (I still highly recommend contacting my guy in Roseville). You whittle them down to bare bones on the new truck, then ask them to appraise your current one -- in your pocket is what their honest number should come back near. If not see if they will match it and if they don't and you don't want to hassle selling it yourself, take the old truck to CarMax and walk out with a check...

Good luck my friend,
Scott

Old 12-29-2018, 12:32 PM
jh818
Postmaster
jh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Y2KW57 View Post
If they offer more, it is because they are making more on the entire deal in finance, hold back, volume, flooring, or other factory to dealer incentive to make it worth while for them to help you feel better about what you received for your truck.
It's a good deal if the customer thinks it's a good deal.

Old 12-31-2018, 12:30 AM
olfordsnstone
Post Fiend
olfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by diesel_dan View Post
I thought we'd lost you there, Tim...

Still on the fence on what to do?

Scott
Yeah, back on the fence. I was all fired up to pull the trigger for a new rig, till that guy kicked me in the stomach. Kinda lost the passion for a while. I'm really not in too big of a hurry, I suppose. I think I really "wanted" a new truck more than I "needed" a new truck. The 05 continues to do everything I need it to do. I figure that I'll just hang on the fence for a bit to see if something pops up that is meant to be... apparently, Jones West Ford wasn't. The way I figure it, if my truck finally does take the final plunge, then I wouldn't be out too much if I have to walk away from it. So trading in now really doesn't do much good at this point. We'll see. Maybe after I get my gumption up I'll check out that dealership you recommended. Thanks for the support buddy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.