Ford Base Camp Ranger - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
2019 Ranger Everything about the new 2019 Ford Ranger.

Ford Base Camp Ranger

Old 11-30-2018, 05:41 PM
Johnny Mayday
FTE Town Crier
Johnny Mayday has a good reputation on FTE.Johnny Mayday has a good reputation on FTE.
Ford Base Camp Ranger

I don't even like camping. But I have to say, I think the tent on top of the Base Camp Ranger looks pretty awesome! Check out all the pics we got at the LA Auto Show!

Old 12-03-2018, 05:41 PM
Diesel_Brad
Post Fiend
Diesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant future
neat looking truck, that should up the price to $70k

Old 12-03-2018, 05:55 PM
Johnny Mayday
FTE Town Crier
Johnny Mayday has a good reputation on FTE.Johnny Mayday has a good reputation on FTE.
Yeah, I can't imagine it'll be cheap to outfit a truck like this... Those tents are a few grand alone!

Old 12-04-2018, 06:55 PM
YoGeorge
Postmaster
YoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud of
I regard vehicle-specific tents as a bit gimmicky, but it's clear that Ford is trying to sell to the recreational market with the Ranger, and with its size, should do very well. I suppose a tent that high will keep you out of flood waters and maybe keep you above snakes and bears, but a tent on the ground with cots works just fine for comfort, and you don't have to fold up the tent if you need to run into town for a 6 pack of beer...

I am a bicyclist and have many friends who are cyclists, kayakers, skiers, and campers. The Ranger should serve them well, and make more sense as a daily commuter than an F150. Good luck to Ford, George

Old 12-06-2018, 12:49 PM
seventyseven250
Post Fiend
seventyseven250 has a brilliant futureseventyseven250 has a brilliant futureseventyseven250 has a brilliant futureseventyseven250 has a brilliant futureseventyseven250 has a brilliant futureseventyseven250 has a brilliant futureseventyseven250 has a brilliant futureseventyseven250 has a brilliant futureseventyseven250 has a brilliant futureseventyseven250 has a brilliant futureseventyseven250 has a brilliant future
I've never understood the appeal of roof-top tents. Sure they look neat, but what's the advantage of a tent on the ground? They are heavier, and more expensive.

Old 12-06-2018, 10:50 PM
BlueSTX
New User
BlueSTX is starting off with a positive reputation.
The bumper and winch setup is sweet. Dorkle and roof tent can go along with all that junk on the bed

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: