Power window regulators - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Power window regulators

Old 11-07-2018, 04:22 PM
burnettd01
Elder User
burnettd01 has a very good reputation on FTE.burnettd01 has a very good reputation on FTE.burnettd01 has a very good reputation on FTE.burnettd01 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Power window regulators

I am in the beginning stages of converting my 51 F1 to solid side windows with power window regulators. I am aware that the best power window regulators are from Nu Relecs and that there are others that make universal kits.

Has anyone gone to the wrecking yard or Pick and Pull to find OEM units, out of a late model vehicle, that were adaptable to our trucks. I have done a search of the 48 to 56 forum and found little that would answer my question.

I am not cheap, but frugal. I am hoping someone here has used an OEM set up that worked well instead of buying Nu Relecs or a universal kit. If so, could you supply the make and model of vehicle that you obtained the regulator from (front or rear door). Photos would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Dan

Old 11-08-2018, 11:05 AM
ImSoQuazy
Senior User
ImSoQuazy is a name known to allImSoQuazy is a name known to allImSoQuazy is a name known to allImSoQuazy is a name known to allImSoQuazy is a name known to allImSoQuazy is a name known to all
Hi,
I to am looking for something similar. I hate to say this but last year or so, I found a link with exactly what you are looking for (and me too) but seem to have misplaced it. Belive me when I state I have looked, but I know it out there because I've read it, I even booked marked ... I promise to share this info as soon as I locate it.
Paul

Old 11-08-2018, 01:02 PM
pweng1
Posting Guru
pweng1 has a good reputation on FTE.pweng1 has a good reputation on FTE.pweng1 has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by ImSoQuazy View Post
Hi,
I to am looking for something similar. I hate to say this but last year or so, I found a link with exactly what you are looking for (and me too) but seem to have misplaced it. Belive me when I state I have looked, but I know it out there because I've read it, I even booked marked ... I promise to share this info as soon as I locate it.
Paul
I am interested also with 4 trucks and one going to be a four door i need to find these fixes instead of buying new each time.

Old 11-08-2018, 02:35 PM
56panelford
Posting Legend
56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
First thing you'll have to look for is a vehicle that has flat side glass. I once removed the motors out of a vehicle not realizing the glides conform to the curvature of the glass. With that in mind it might help taking a straight edge with you at a pull a part

Old 11-08-2018, 03:27 PM
petemcl
Still Learnin'
petemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud of
1984 - 2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ. There was a 4 door, 2 door and Comanche pickup. The electric window regulators and linkage are available from a lot of sources including Amazon for about $34. I have not tried it but they should be about the right size. Amazon is good about returns.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.