1992 Door mirror - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1968-2013 Full Size Vans Econolines. E150, E250, E350, E450 and E550

1992 Door mirror

Old 10-11-2018, 09:34 AM
Spaznaut
Elder User
Spaznaut is starting off with a positive reputation.
1992 Door mirror

So my buddy borrowed my van and took out my passenger side mirror with a mailbox. It popped out the mirror and plastic holder and broke one of the nubs off. I'm not sure if I can get just the plastic piece and mirror but for the price a whole assembly would seem easier. The problem is finding the passenger side with power. The ones on amazon are for '03-'06 but there are ones on there non-power that fit '92-'06. Is it just the power hookup that is different? I wouldn't mind a manual since I rarely move the mirrors but would prefer power if the price isn't through the roof. Any ideas on fitment and options? I looked on rockauto and amazon. I'm not a fan of ebay.

Old 10-11-2018, 12:15 PM
dashstiffrod
New User
dashstiffrod is starting off with a positive reputation.
I was going to order this one from Amazon, but found one at a local junk yard. I don't know if the outside plastic texture matches original or not.

Amazon Amazon

It has only three wires. The mirror is easy to remove/replace, but the connector is inside the door panel and requires a good bit of work. There is enough slack to cut and strip the original wires and cut the connector off the new one, then connect with butt splice connectors or whatever.

Old 10-11-2018, 01:01 PM
baddad457
Post Fiend
baddad457 has a great reputation on FTE.baddad457 has a great reputation on FTE.baddad457 has a great reputation on FTE.baddad457 has a great reputation on FTE.baddad457 has a great reputation on FTE.
Look on ebay.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.