Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranny Advice

Old 10-11-2018, 04:45 PM
brokestroke
Freshman User
brokestroke is starting off with a positive reputation.
I am running the DieselSite torque converter and like it a lot. Their Legendary transmission is pretty stout if you decide to go that direction.

Old 10-11-2018, 05:13 PM
Bonanza35
Post Fiend
Bonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to behold
I think Irate sells a good convertor to for not so much. I'd look that one up to.

Old 10-11-2018, 07:03 PM
Joshua Dishong
New User
Joshua Dishong is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by brokestroke View Post
I am running the DieselSite torque converter and like it a lot. Their Legendary transmission is pretty stout if you decide to go that direction.
good to hear! Do you have the tranny as well? What did the whole thing set you back with labor if you donít mind my asking?

i couldnít find anything on the Irate site under $1200...but if anybody has a link that would be great!

Old 10-11-2018, 08:01 PM
brokestroke
Freshman User
brokestroke is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Joshua Dishong View Post

good to hear! Do you have the tranny as well? What did the whole thing set you back with labor if you donít mind my asking?

i couldnít find anything on the Irate site under $1200...but if anybody has a link that would be great!
I have their transmission and the tru-cool cooler they offer. Paid $450 for labor and about $80 in fluid. Added up to just about $4200, ordered it on a Thursday and they had it built, dyno tested and shipped the next Monday. They really have their act together and the customer service is on point.

Old 10-12-2018, 02:11 PM
Joshua Dishong
New User
Joshua Dishong is starting off with a positive reputation.
I've read in more than a few places about upgrading to a triple disc converter but keeping the stock input shaft being a bad idea...anybody have thoughts on this?

Old 10-14-2018, 11:36 PM
Bonanza35
Post Fiend
Bonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to behold
Never heard that about the input shaft. I would think most have the stock input shaft.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.