DPF health?? - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DPF health??

Old 10-03-2018, 11:29 PM
kper05
Post Fiend
kper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by backtrack2015 View Post
I don’t have the DPF screen enabled on the truck. I understand it reflects load and scales 0-100%. I do have the Edge, and it has “gpl soot” and “DPF load.” I think either of these can trigger a regen (along with the 500 mile limit). I’m suspicious the Ford screen is scaling these two parameters so that the “load” hits 100% whenever either of these parameters hit their setpoint.

On a side note, the “gpl soot” regen setpoint for mine seems to have shifted with mileage. It was 8.38 when new and now seems to be 8.88 or so after 25K miles.

Yet another variable for the Edge. On the older truck firmware versions, the AR's would start at or after 2.66 soot gpl and burn down further and the post emissions update that changed to 2.55 soot gpl and burn less. I think 2.74 or 2.8 was the record. If I ever saw 8.x, I just assume my engine would explode from the exhaust being completely clogged up!

Old 10-10-2018, 01:19 PM
big blue
Freshman User
big blue is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Just Strokin View Post
Sounds good to me. Many of us the Exhaust Filter does not go to 0%. Mine only drops to 15% or 20%. More often it is 20%.
I'm sorry to ask this dumb question, but how do you monitor your exhaust filter %? Is it only available in specific years of trucks?

Old 10-11-2018, 06:37 AM
Chuck-B
Elder User
Chuck-B is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Chuck-B is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
There are 2 ways that I know of. 1st is on the 2011 - 2016's there is a "hidden" DPF % screen in the Information Center. Ford can turn it on or you can turn it on yourself with Forscan. Forscan and a PCM connection will allow you to monitor it on a smartphone, PC or tablet.

Old 10-11-2018, 11:01 AM
schlepprock250
Guns Dont Kill People..
schlepprock250 is a splendid one to beholdschlepprock250 is a splendid one to beholdschlepprock250 is a splendid one to beholdschlepprock250 is a splendid one to beholdschlepprock250 is a splendid one to beholdschlepprock250 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Chuck-B View Post
There are 2 ways that I know of. 1st is on the 2011 - 2016's there is a "hidden" DPF % screen in the Information Center. Ford can turn it on or you can turn it on yourself with Forscan. Forscan and a PCM connection will allow you to monitor it on a smartphone, PC or tablet.
Forscan for Android or IOS can monitor it, but only a Windows tablet or laptop running Forscan can enable the dpf % screen.

Old 10-11-2018, 02:14 PM
schlepprock250
Guns Dont Kill People..
schlepprock250 is a splendid one to beholdschlepprock250 is a splendid one to beholdschlepprock250 is a splendid one to beholdschlepprock250 is a splendid one to beholdschlepprock250 is a splendid one to beholdschlepprock250 is a splendid one to behold
Update..
I'm getting about 200 miles between regens. Mostly stop and go town and traffic, very little highway.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: