Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

September 2018 Chat

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 07:20 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
September 2018 Chat

September is here ! Long weekend for working folks and it's officially the last weekend of summer.
Crazy day all around yesterday.
The water pump on a 745C dump truck comes out on 4 pieces, Crazy and it took me almost 5 hours just to take it out. New one arrives on Tuesday and then I get to have the fun of installing it.
Monday we will find out if I made top tech again for August.
The replacement tablet arrived yesterday for the aux brake kit so I can finish up the tow package stuff this weekend. I ordered a towed car battery charger just to make sure I don't kill the battery in Hummer while we are pulling it down the highway. Should have done it when I ordered the brake kit but but didn't.
My daughters rescue horse passed away yesterday morning.We tried everything to bring him back to good health but was unsuccessful, even the vet was doubtful but we tried anyway. My great neighbors with a backhoe helped me out and buried him for me while I was at work.
Mom in-law will be home next weekend and then we are off to the beach the following weekend.

Old 09-02-2018, 06:53 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
We bought the Hummer I would say a little over a year and half ago. It came with a DVD player on the ceiling and it would play movies but we could not get any sound out of the speakers or thru the radio. One day 3 or 4 months or so after owning it the DVD player sound would play thru the stereo but now listening to radio stations was not happening. So we were stuck listening to Mickey Mouse movies for hours at a time or bluetoothing into the radio. While looking on how to install the aux brake kit yesterday I finally found the switch that turns the RF modulator on and off. It's way at the bottom of the dash by your shins and very little. I guess while cleaning it up one day I must have hit the switch to turn it on but never figured out how I did it or the way to turn it back off.

Old 09-03-2018, 04:29 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sound like the truck at work is becoming truck from hell. Are you keeping an eye on that storm brewing in the Gulf? Sorry about the horse did he have the no replacement policy? All of our critters have it, when they go away for whatever reason they are not replaced.
sounds like a strange place to put an audio switch.
For the battery charger the center pin on the plug can be used. All the light connections are one the outside.

Old 09-03-2018, 07:43 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I'll get the truck fixed this week but I hope to never have to do a water pump on a 745C again.
Daughter says she is just keeping the one horse she has now and that's it, no replacement. She does not ride that much anymore with a job and boyfriend so it's fine with me.
I found a 12 volt hot wire on the interconnecting plug when I did the tow light install so I will just feed off of it and up to the battery charger. I got the breakaway switch installed yesterday and I got everything paired up and working on the aux brake kit. I saw the storm on the news but it's moving towards Louisiana and we 10 days till we leave so it will be long gone by then. I just hope we get at least one good day at the beach.
The guys at the welding shop are going to fab me up a longer ramp for the scooter rack so it won't have so much of an angle loading it up.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:20 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Originally Posted by ChiefM
I'll get the truck fixed this week but I hope to never have to do a water pump on a 745C again.
Daughter says she is just keeping the one horse she has now and that's it, no replacement. She does not ride that much anymore with a job and boyfriend so it's fine with me.
I found a 12 volt hot wire on the interconnecting plug when I did the tow light install so I will just feed off of it and up to the battery charger. I got the breakaway switch installed yesterday and I got everything paired up and working on the aux brake kit. I saw the storm on the news but it's moving towards Louisiana and we 10 days till we leave so it will be long gone by then. I just hope we get at least one good day at the beach.
The guys at the welding shop are going to fab me up a longer ramp for the scooter rack so it won't have so much of an angle loading it up.
That a smart move on your daughters part. Her going with yall may start getting less and less.
Glad you getting a longer ramp.
This storm is going to be one that hits twice.

Old 09-03-2018, 09:55 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I knew the daughter going with us would be less and less.
I finally cut down the dead tree down by the road this morning, it was so dry it blew up into 20 pieces when it hit the ground. Trying to knock out some property stuff since it's a little cloudy and not super hot.

Old 09-03-2018, 10:29 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
I got toa go get a battery for the lawn mower, then cut the grass

Old 09-04-2018, 03:27 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I went ahead and mowed all the grass on our property and trimmed up a bunch of trees, etc, etc. I sure am sure am sore today after all of that. Thank goodness it's a short week. I think we are going over to mom in-laws on Friday after I get off work to mow her grass, weed eat and the wife will touch up the inside to get it ready for her return on Saturday I will check tires pressures on the motorhome, detail our cars and install the battery charger on Saturday. I want to try and look at the 79's fuel problem too.

Old 09-04-2018, 05:08 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
I started mowing yesterday. The steering had been hard last time it started to pop found out why yesterday the steering shaft gear is stripped. So today I have to fo thr front with the push mower

Old 09-04-2018, 05:41 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Still the man with 117% efficiency rating!!!
Whats the first job they give me? Another 745 with transmission issues. Lucky me.

Old 09-04-2018, 07:34 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
You rock

Old 09-04-2018, 12:14 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by hturner12
You rock
Thank you, the bonus money is what rocks the most!

Old 09-04-2018, 12:33 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Now that you are getting all you government money when is I tired of working date

Old 09-05-2018, 02:53 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I have to get some bills paid off and want some money in savings first. I am starting hot and heavy after christmas getting stuff paid off so figure a year and a half or so. The daughter decided that she likes the Dodge again and wants it back instead of getting something else. She is back to dating the guy that was in the air force and he likes the dodge. She finally realized it was cheaper to pay for gas and insurance on a truck that is paid for than a car payment, gas and insurance. Fine with me!

Old 09-05-2018, 03:13 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
First of year we should be able to start getting s9me stuff paid off. You fell right into your daughters trap. Instead of "daddy fixup my truck" it was "I dont like it anymore I want something else." For some reason I thought you bought her a Mustang. So is the guy still in the AF.

leaving in a few minutes for the sawmill road trip. ATl, Chattanooga, Nashville, Ft Campbell, center city ky ( blade shop), St Louis and Edman Mo.

Quick Reply: September 2018 Chat