6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Regen issues, jackhammering.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 12:44 PM
willydmax
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Originally Posted by mechelement
Honestly, I didn't ask. I assumed it had to do with one of the previous posts.

I called the service department yesterday about my low coolant level and was told it probably burped out the air. They said to swing by and they'll fill it up. On my way there to get the coolant topped off, the truck went into regen mode and I tried to reproduce the shuddering / jackhammering effect with zero success. So it appears to be fixed, but I'll try it out on a few more regens before I'm convinced.

So what's your take on the PCM flash keeping the regen mode on one head bank and not going to both due to emissions claim?
That is such a lame excuse on the coolant burping. Ford specifies how to refill the cooling system and it involves a vacuum refill tool that eliminates any burping!!! I'm not a Ford tech but have my own shop and I own one of these tools and it's the only way to refill any cooling system especially a newer diesel. They should be embarrassed with themselves.

Old 08-29-2018, 09:00 AM
mechelement
Cargo Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I asked them why they didn't replace both sides if the valves and/or spacing differed. I didn't get a solid answer. As far as burping, IMO, they forgot to refill the coolant. It was at the bottom fill line on the radiator.

Honestly, I bought the truck and warranteed the heck out of it so I wouldn't have to babysit or handle issues if and when I'm on the road. I thought all the bugs were worked out by 2016. It seems like no matter what, I'm constantly managing the dealership in Northern Colorado. It appears as thought their service writers have no clue how to properly log the maintenance and service items to coincide with my warranties. I had an outstanding dealership in SW Idaho, but relocated for my career and now the dealership here is garbage by comparison, yet they claim to be the best dealership in the nation.

Old 09-25-2018, 06:27 PM
ctrinq
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by mxer0022
It is my understanding that the jackhammering issues were resolved by the '15 model year.
I have a 2018 and I have major Jackhammering issues during regen. my truck has 11400 miles on it and this is the 5th time I have had it in the shop. I told them not to give it back to me unless they fix it. thay act like they don't have a clue what it could be. this is not good.