Engine Code P06B6 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
6.2L V8 Discuss the 6.2L V8

Engine Code P06B6

Old 08-06-2018, 03:09 PM
SCarolina
New User
SCarolina is starting off with a positive reputation.
Engine Code P06B6

I recently bought a 2015 F250 to replace my higher mileage 2012, wanted to keep that body style. I bought it with the check engine light on and the owner showed me a clean Carfax and a print out of a local dealerís code reading saying the light is on due to a misfire code, one of the coils are bad. So I buy it and drive it to two part stores to give me code P06B6 (Internal Control Module Knock Sensor Processor). I work on the road so I had to leave it at the ford dealer this week and they canít look at it until Wednesday. I am very nervous about this code and any info I can get from yíall about it will be highly appreciated. The engine light isnít on all the time so Iím praying and hoping itís minor and that I didnít just buy a ticking time bomb.

Old 08-06-2018, 03:21 PM
Chuck's First Ford
Postmaster
Chuck's First Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.Chuck's First Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.Chuck's First Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.Chuck's First Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.

Common Problems That Trigger the P06B6 Code

• Powertrain Control Module (PCM) failure
  • Wiring issue
do not purchase a vehicle with a check engine light LIT...
if it was an easy fix.. the seller would have had it fixed...

Old 01-22-2019, 01:34 AM
Corey Moore
New User
Corey Moore is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by SCarolina View Post
I recently bought a 2015 F250 to replace my higher mileage 2012, wanted to keep that body style. I bought it with the check engine light on and the owner showed me a clean Carfax and a print out of a local dealerís code reading saying the light is on due to a misfire code, one of the coils are bad. So I buy it and drive it to two part stores to give me code P06B6 (Internal Control Module Knock Sensor Processor). I work on the road so I had to leave it at the ford dealer this week and they canít look at it until Wednesday. I am very nervous about this code and any info I can get from yíall about it will be highly appreciated. The engine light isnít on all the time so Iím praying and hoping itís minor and that I didnít just buy a ticking time bomb.
What did you did to fix your p06b6 code? I have the same problem on my 2012

Old 01-22-2019, 04:14 AM
SCarolina
New User
SCarolina is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Corey Moore View Post
What did you did to fix your p06b6 code? I have the same problem on my 2012
It turns out I had three bad coils. Had the dealer replace them and the code hasnít been back since, good luck.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: