Ceramic Tint? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices

Ceramic Tint?

Old 07-19-2018, 05:43 PM
Erick Medrano
New User
Erick Medrano is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ceramic Tint?

Searched for a post but didnít see one.
I was told about ceramic tint and itís capabilities. Iíve watched some YouTube videos and it seems to be the best you can put on to reduce the heat that enters your truck. I live in houston so itís very much needed. They also mentioned a clear ceramic that can be put on the windshield too.

Anyone had this done? What brand was used?

Thanks in advance.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:43 AM
Cohlmeyer
Senior User
Cohlmeyer is starting off with a positive reputation.
A must. I live in DFW area, the new ceramic tint is mandatory for us down here (Houston is probably worse). You get a ton of heat deflection. Currently have Lumar on my SD and the wifeís car. We did the windshield and the sunroof in both, as well as all windows: itís Night and day when driving west into an afternoon sun in the dead of summer. Worth every penny.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:34 AM
Erick Medrano
New User
Erick Medrano is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Cohlmeyer View Post
A must. I live in DFW area, the new ceramic tint is mandatory for us down here (Houston is probably worse). You get a ton of heat deflection. Currently have Lumar on my SD and the wifeís car. We did the windshield and the sunroof in both, as well as all windows: itís Night and day when driving west into an afternoon sun in the dead of summer. Worth every penny.

We did get it done after all. Your exactly right. It is night and day from regular tint. We got the windshield and all windows but forgot the sunroof. We had Texas tint world do ours and wasnít sure of the brand but I will check that out and update.