Quick question on Ceramic Tint - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2017+ Super Duty
Reload this Page >

Quick question on Ceramic Tint

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Old 06-13-2018, 03:00 PM
Larrymac52
Elder User
Larrymac52 is starting off with a positive reputation.

Iím getting ready to have the tintó Nano somethingó that will reject 98%!of the heat.
the companies owner wanted me to know that because of its layers that some time depending on the light there is a slight haze when looking out.
To you that have that high end Ceramic tint, is that an issue and if you had known that would you still have had it applied?

Old 06-13-2018, 03:14 PM
jaxf250
Elder User
jaxf250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I don't have a haze when looking out. It was ever so slightly "different" to look out when first applied (maybe that is what he is calling haze, dunno....) but once the film dried and the water was all gone from the application, it is nothing that distracts me anymore. Every once in a while a white pearl car coming towards me will appear pinkish-looking if the light hits it right... I just laugh when that happens. Love the heat rejection - so worth it to tint the front windshield, esp. here in FL.

Old 06-13-2018, 03:23 PM
Larrymac52
Elder User
Originally Posted by jaxf250 View Post
I don't have a haze when looking out. It was ever so slightly "different" to look out when first applied (maybe that is what he is calling haze, dunno....) but once the film dried and the water was all gone from the application, it is nothing that distracts me anymore. Every once in a while a white pearl car coming towards me will appear pinkish-looking if the light hits it right... I just laugh when that happens. Love the heat rejection - so worth it to tint the front windshield, esp. here in FL.
Iím in Central Florida as well. That was the impetus to me getting the highest quality Ceramic tint I could afford.

Old 06-13-2018, 03:27 PM
Gary E
Elder User
Gary E is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
what darkness did you use I put some 70% ceramic on another car and I think its too dark at night

Old 06-13-2018, 04:27 PM
Larrymac52
Elder User
Originally Posted by Gary E View Post
what darkness did you use I put some 70% ceramic on another car and I think its too dark at night
Nanoflex 38% front and backó96% heat rejection. Nothing yet on the front windshieldó another day and time. In Florida no tint allowed except top strip. But there are some that put the clear ceramic on the front windshield for heat reduction and UV protection. Technically that is still illegal. Iíve been told a doctor could write a prescription to make it legal.

obviously Iím a rookie here but isnít 70% almost clear?

Old 06-13-2018, 04:33 PM
toymaster
Elder User
toymaster is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Larrymac52 View Post
Iím getting ready to have the tintó Nano somethingó that will reject 98%!of the heat.
Originally Posted by Larrymac52 View Post
Iím in Central Florida as well. That was the impetus to me getting the highest quality Ceramic tint I could afford.
Wonder if they have a heat absorption formula, for those of use in the higher latitudes.......

Old 06-13-2018, 07:08 PM
Gary E
Elder User
Gary E is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
yes 70% is almost clear, its not super noticeable during the day, rejects heat well but at nigh it felt like you had your low beams on

Old 06-13-2018, 08:27 PM
ymsmiley
Senior User
ymsmiley is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just paid $1200 (with my discount) for Spectra PhotoSync tint. It's the ceramic Solar Adaptive nano-Coating. That film is pretty nice! I had every piece of glass tinted including moonroof and the entire windshield in 60%. I had it on my previous 2 trucks too. I should also point out that I live in Arizona, so in my option, high quality tint is critical to my sanity and well being. We're already hitting 100+!