Quick question on Ceramic Tint - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2017+ Super Duty
Reload this Page >

Quick question on Ceramic Tint

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Quick question on Ceramic Tint

Reply

 
 
 
  #1  
Old 06-13-2018, 02:00 PM
Larrymac52
Larrymac52 is online now
Elder User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 557
Larrymac52 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quick question on Ceramic Tint

Iím getting ready to have the tintó Nano somethingó that will reject 98%!of the heat.
the companies owner wanted me to know that because of its layers that some time depending on the light there is a slight haze when looking out.
To you that have that high end Ceramic tint, is that an issue and if you had known that would you still have had it applied?
 
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-13-2018, 02:14 PM
jaxf250's Avatar
jaxf250
jaxf250 is online now
Elder User
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 914
jaxf250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I don't have a haze when looking out. It was ever so slightly "different" to look out when first applied (maybe that is what he is calling haze, dunno....) but once the film dried and the water was all gone from the application, it is nothing that distracts me anymore. Every once in a while a white pearl car coming towards me will appear pinkish-looking if the light hits it right... I just laugh when that happens. Love the heat rejection - so worth it to tint the front windshield, esp. here in FL.
 
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-13-2018, 02:23 PM
Larrymac52
Larrymac52 is online now
Elder User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 557
Larrymac52 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by jaxf250 View Post
I don't have a haze when looking out. It was ever so slightly "different" to look out when first applied (maybe that is what he is calling haze, dunno....) but once the film dried and the water was all gone from the application, it is nothing that distracts me anymore. Every once in a while a white pearl car coming towards me will appear pinkish-looking if the light hits it right... I just laugh when that happens. Love the heat rejection - so worth it to tint the front windshield, esp. here in FL.
Iím in Central Florida as well. That was the impetus to me getting the highest quality Ceramic tint I could afford.
 
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-13-2018, 02:27 PM
Gary E's Avatar
Gary E
Gary E is offline
Elder User
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: sacramento
Posts: 719
Gary E is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
what darkness did you use I put some 70% ceramic on another car and I think its too dark at night
 
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-13-2018, 03:27 PM
Larrymac52
Larrymac52 is online now
Elder User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 557
Larrymac52 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Gary E View Post
what darkness did you use I put some 70% ceramic on another car and I think its too dark at night
Nanoflex 38% front and backó96% heat rejection. Nothing yet on the front windshieldó another day and time. In Florida no tint allowed except top strip. But there are some that put the clear ceramic on the front windshield for heat reduction and UV protection. Technically that is still illegal. Iíve been told a doctor could write a prescription to make it legal.

obviously Iím a rookie here but isnít 70% almost clear?
 
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-13-2018, 03:33 PM
toymaster's Avatar
toymaster
toymaster is online now
Senior User
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Clark, WY
Posts: 490
toymaster is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Larrymac52 View Post
Iím getting ready to have the tintó Nano somethingó that will reject 98%!of the heat.
Originally Posted by Larrymac52 View Post
Iím in Central Florida as well. That was the impetus to me getting the highest quality Ceramic tint I could afford.
Wonder if they have a heat absorption formula, for those of use in the higher latitudes.......
 
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-13-2018, 06:08 PM
Gary E's Avatar
Gary E
Gary E is offline
Elder User
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: sacramento
Posts: 719
Gary E is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
yes 70% is almost clear, its not super noticeable during the day, rejects heat well but at nigh it felt like you had your low beams on
 
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-13-2018, 07:27 PM
ymsmiley's Avatar
ymsmiley
ymsmiley is online now
Senior User
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 125
ymsmiley is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just paid $1200 (with my discount) for Spectra PhotoSync tint. It's the ceramic Solar Adaptive nano-Coating. That film is pretty nice! I had every piece of glass tinted including moonroof and the entire windshield in 60%. I had it on my previous 2 trucks too. I should also point out that I live in Arizona, so in my option, high quality tint is critical to my sanity and well being. We're already hitting 100+!
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.