Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

55 F100 Project

Old 06-23-2018, 07:05 PM
vonhef
Freshman User
vonhef has a good reputation on FTE.vonhef has a good reputation on FTE.
55 F100 Project

I acquired a new-to-me project! This was my uncles for many years... and now I will keep it in the family and continue his work. It has been in storage for 18 years and needs a lot of maintenance. The brakes are shot and the engine has coolant in one cylinder. I will post updated photos as things progress.... but needless to say that I am ready to start.

Old 06-23-2018, 08:36 PM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
Vonhef, welcome to FTE the best Ford truck Forum on the world wide web!

That's neat that you got your uncle's truck. It looks pretty good.

I see you are from God's Country. Here in PA we call Potter County God's Country. But the license plate says OK.....

Thanks for the pictures and keep them coming as you work on your new truck.

Old 06-23-2018, 09:22 PM
vonhef
Freshman User
Hehe... it took me a little time to remember that I wrote "Gods Country" on where I am from. Yes, I am from Oklahoma! I appreciate the welcome Abe. You guys can call me Adam. I look forward to learning from you guys and all of the expertise in this forum!

Old 06-25-2018, 04:25 PM
vonhef
Freshman User
Well... I got her moved and into the shop!

This truck has set for 18 years. My plan was to first look at the motor and determine how extensive the work would be to get it in shape, but my priorities changed when we went to unload the truck off of the trailer. It seems that when I hit the brakes, the front wheel cylinders locked up and wont release!!! Had a heck of a time pushing the Ford into the shop and onto the lift!!! But now shes in the right spot and I have ordered the front disk upgrade, a firewall mounted booster & master cylinder, and other hardware to modernize the entire system.
The motor will have to wait until another time.

Old 06-25-2018, 06:02 PM
Fomoko1
Fomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputation
Welcome Adam and congratulations on a very sweet ride! A nice mate to mine.

Old 06-25-2018, 07:47 PM
vonhef
Freshman User
Wow.... that is one nice Mercury!

Old 06-25-2018, 09:37 PM
Fomoko1
Fomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputation
Thank you Adam, your`s looks every bit as nice! Mine is still flat head powered, what`s your`s?

Old 06-25-2018, 09:51 PM
vonhef
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Fomoko1 View Post
Thank you Adam, your`s looks every bit as nice! Mine is still flat head powered, what`s your`s?
My uncle installed a 350 Buick in it many years ago. It has been in storage so long that the engine has some mechanical issues.... so I have some decisions to make. I will keep you posted.

Old 06-25-2018, 10:16 PM
Fomoko1
A 5.0 would be a prefect replacement.

Old 06-29-2018, 09:50 PM
vonhef
Freshman User
Started on the brake upgrades today!

Lifted the front-end

Off with the old....

On with the new

Old 06-30-2018, 12:34 AM
Fomoko1
Looks good, what brand of kit did you use? I really like those wheels, nice ones are getting hard to find now.

Old 06-30-2018, 07:20 PM
vonhef
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Fomoko1 View Post
Looks good, what brand of kit did you use? I really like those wheels, nice ones are getting hard to find now.
The brake kit is from CPP through MidFifty.com. Thanks.... my uncle said that the wheels were bought from a Ford dealer many years ago. I assume that they are factory Ford wheels... but I am not sure.

Old 06-30-2018, 08:06 PM
Fomoko1
I think those wheels are from a later 70`s F150, I always liked them a lot.

Old 06-30-2018, 09:05 PM
56panelford
Posting Legend
56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
Why did you have the twist tie on that loose nut..?

Old 07-01-2018, 09:57 PM
vonhef
Freshman User
Originally Posted by 56panelford View Post
Why did you have the twist tie on that loose nut..?
Hehe... that is a good question. Each wheel has a locking lug nut, and what you are seeing is actually a steel cable attached to the "key" that was sitting on the locking lug right after I used the impact to remove it. The locking lug is still partially threaded on the stud.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 55 F100 Project

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.