Ford Edge 6f50 Transmission Question - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Crossovers
Reload this Page >

Ford Edge 6f50 Transmission Question

Notices
Crossovers Edge, Taurus X, Freestyle, MKX, Flex etc.

Old 05-21-2018, 10:39 PM
Simps
Senior User
Simps is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.

Hello Ford Geniuses,
I am having trouble with my wife's 2008 Edge FWD and could use your knowledge as I always find it useful.

The vehicle has exhibited the "reverse clunk" since we bought it 2 years ago at 77,000 miles. I had the fluid changed at a ford dealer and they produced a dark brownish purple sample and shook their heads. Last summer, on a hot day, my wife experienced the wrench light and I pulled an OSS code with my scantool. I replaced both OSS and TSS sensors and, of course, replaced fluid. Now at 100,000 miles, transcolor is a beautiful pink, but when the vehicle gets to operating temp, I get the reverse clunk when shifting from Drive to Reverse. If I shift Drive to Neutral and weight 3 seconds before shifting to Reverse, clunk is not noticeable. Additionally, I am recently noticing firmer shifts between gears, sometimes when downshifting. I suspect solenoid valve body also called TCM (trans control module). Has anyone else experienced this problem with this trans? Any advice?

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: