Ford Edge 6f50 Transmission Question - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Crossovers
Reload this Page >

Ford Edge 6f50 Transmission Question

Notices
Crossovers Edge, Taurus X, Freestyle, MKX, Flex etc.

Old 05-21-2018, 11:39 PM
Simps
Senior User
Simps is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.

Hello Ford Geniuses,
I am having trouble with my wife's 2008 Edge FWD and could use your knowledge as I always find it useful.

The vehicle has exhibited the "reverse clunk" since we bought it 2 years ago at 77,000 miles. I had the fluid changed at a ford dealer and they produced a dark brownish purple sample and shook their heads. Last summer, on a hot day, my wife experienced the wrench light and I pulled an OSS code with my scantool. I replaced both OSS and TSS sensors and, of course, replaced fluid. Now at 100,000 miles, transcolor is a beautiful pink, but when the vehicle gets to operating temp, I get the reverse clunk when shifting from Drive to Reverse. If I shift Drive to Neutral and weight 3 seconds before shifting to Reverse, clunk is not noticeable. Additionally, I am recently noticing firmer shifts between gears, sometimes when downshifting. I suspect solenoid valve body also called TCM (trans control module). Has anyone else experienced this problem with this trans? Any advice?

Old 07-13-2018, 08:58 AM
thomabb
Posting Guru
thomabb is a splendid one to beholdthomabb is a splendid one to beholdthomabb is a splendid one to beholdthomabb is a splendid one to beholdthomabb is a splendid one to beholdthomabb is a splendid one to behold
We had to have the solenoid valve body replaced in our '08 Edge for intermittent hard shifts. I mean REALLY hard shifts. Service department said it was a known problem. I don't remember having the reverse clunk.

Old 07-14-2018, 02:04 PM
Simps
Senior User
Simps is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Thanks thomabb. I think I'm headed down that path.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: