2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Stake Pocket Bracket

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 07:56 AM
doucetrr
Tuned
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Stake Pocket Bracket

The big lights on my headache rack prevent me from going through the car wash. I'd like to mount them on the rear of the bedrail. Was wondering if there is any type of no drill stake pocket bracket that I could use for this application? Thanks.

Old 03-20-2018, 09:01 AM
Turbo Dog
Cargo Master
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Maybe something like this might work...
https://www.breedlovemounts.com/stak...-brackets.html

Old 03-20-2018, 09:24 AM
PentaPop
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You might go back to Magnum. They sell the same stake pocket mount used for your headache rack. The bolt on top looks perfect for a light mount bracket.

https://www.magnummfginc.com/shop/tr...tie-downs-pair

Your pics are what swayed me towards Magnum. My headache rack is in a box just waiting for the truck to show up. I might have put he cart in front of the horse on this one!

Old 03-20-2018, 09:28 AM
PentaPop
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Forgot to mention..... If you’re still looking for bed rails. I know the Magnums are pricey but they’re going to modify a set for me to work with my toolbox. They don’t charge for the mod and they sure are responsive so I don’t feel so bad about the price!

Old 03-20-2018, 09:42 AM
doucetrr
Tuned
Thanks guys, I'll check these out. Can't get to the Magnum site from the computer I'm currently at. I actually spoke with Magnum about rails, but they could only butt them against the tool box. I was hoping for a flange that could get bolted to the tool box.

Old 03-20-2018, 11:27 AM
NorEasterMA
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by doucetrr
Thanks guys, I'll check these out. Can't get to the Magnum site from the computer I'm currently at. I actually spoke with Magnum about rails, but they could only butt them against the tool box. I was hoping for a flange that could get bolted to the tool box.
If you really wanted to, I bet you could draw something up and work with the design team at Magnum. Basically have the rails stop where the toolbox would begin and convert to a C-channel section for the box to bolt to.

When I drew up my custom rack and sent them some sketched they came back quickly with cadd drawings and we made it work. They have plenty of different materials to work with, just need to get started with the right folks up there.

Old 03-20-2018, 11:53 AM
doucetrr
Tuned
Originally Posted by NorEasterMA
If you really wanted to, I bet you could draw something up and work with the design team at Magnum. Basically have the rails stop where the toolbox would begin and convert to a C-channel section for the box to bolt to.

When I drew up my custom rack and sent them some sketched they came back quickly with cadd drawings and we made it work. They have plenty of different materials to work with, just need to get started with the right folks up there.
Yes, I'm sure they could. I think I'm at the point now that I don't need/want the rails bad enough to spend that kind of money. I'm going to look into the stake pocket thing, would like to bolt those big lights up without drilling any holes. Below is what I would have wanted it to look like, which is what I believe you are describing. The rail is integrated into the angle iron or C channel that goes under the box. I think the stuff in the picture is Ranch Hand.