2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 04 supercrew came today NOT HAPPY

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 04:32 PM
HoustonPerson
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: My 04 supercrew came today NOT HAPPY

Originally posted by TeeRTurner
I order a screw xlt came in today left it at the dealer i was not impressed. I was there for 4hours just could not bring myself to like it. It looked very cheap the finders are made of tin if someone leans on it you will have a dent and if someone hits ...... I will get a loaded 03 are a gm/ram. By the way gm has 2000 rebates on all there 04 trucks.
And why would you "Order" something you did not like? Surely you test drove, under all conditions, and kicked all the tires and fenders?

Old 11-18-2003, 05:49 PM
BlkButy
Elder User
All I can say is: The 2004 F150 ROX! I love mine and I am totally satisfied with it, I do miss my 2002 because all the work I did to it but the 2004 just plain KIX!

Old 11-18-2003, 08:52 PM
Chiefman
Senior User
Sorry that ya dont like the 04. I also live in the STL area too and Sinclair sales people dont do Ford any favors. I have been there and the sales people don't do anything to make the products look good. I hate it when I go to a dealership and the salesman put down the product they are trying to sell.

I have an 04 and I dont think its cheap at all. I haven't been in a wreck with it but I hope that if I am rearended that it does crumple because that would tell me the crumple zones are working.

My advice, stay away from Sinclair, and Sunset, too.

Old 11-18-2003, 10:46 PM
JMorri
Junior User
Sinjin,

No offense, but I checked that thread and it doesn't have anything new regarding the 6.5ft bed on the SuperCrew.

I'm going with Cford's timeline until I read confirmation that shows differently.

Old 11-19-2003, 11:18 AM
Walt750
New User
F150 Supercrew Looks

I went shopping for a new truck. Test drove 2 New Screw 2004's. The look didn't grab me but what the heck. I drove 1 with the center console and another without. The ride seems stiffer. Probably the new frame. It's bouncy... it feels like a tougher truck. Well that's about as far as I went. I just couldn't get to the point where it was what I wanted. The steering column had so many buttons on it ... it was like a jet. Finger tip adjustment of the A/C, radio ... etc... extreme overkill if you ask me. Considering that the controls for the radio and AC are only 8 inches away. Total price tag was almost $38,000 ... wow! and No thanks!

Saw a 2003 Supercrew lariat - fully loaded ... certified and only 14k miles on it for $23,000. Guess which one I bought!

The 2004 just didn't grab me.... it just didn't ...

-Walter

Old 11-20-2003, 06:58 AM
ripnlip
New User
You dont know what your missing i just traded my 2000 f150 4X4 sc in on a 2004 f150 fx4 sc and could not be any happier, the only thing killing me is the tunes they got to go!

Old 11-20-2003, 08:44 PM
aldridgec
Logistics Pro
Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts
Just can't win on the bouncy truck issue. I thought it was very controlled and well done. I think my truck now is bouncy.

Old 11-24-2003, 02:16 AM
newfordy
Tuned
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
"04 F150 Look?

I am not a die-hard Ford or GM fan. I bought my '01 SCrew because I lliked the truck, period. I have to admit I don't care for the new look f-150- too boxy, like they tried(heaven forbid)copy GM or Frontier. Didn't care for the first Avalanche either cuz it looked like someone went through JCWhitney and said i'll take everything. Now its available without all the junk and looks better. I donn't want one it just looks better. If the new shape will cut down on the wind noise, might be worth it and it will probably grow on me too.

Old 11-24-2003, 07:08 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Huh?

The GM isn't rounded and the Frontier has weird buldges everywhere like someone went crazy with Lund accessories. The new F150 looks nothing like either of those!

Old 11-24-2003, 07:38 AM
95CobraR
Tuned
Originally posted by webmaster
The new F150 looks nothing like either of those!
I am not sure how he came up with that comparison. It looks nothing like those vechicles.

Of course, it seems to me the design of a vechicle is a personal preference. You have to admit the new F150 is a better truck. A stronger frame, improved interior, better motor selections (and a stronger rear diff for the 5.4), and increased towing capacity have raised the bar for all truck manufacturers.

wind noise? I never noticed any wind noise in 7 1/2 years of owning the older design.

Old 12-15-2003, 12:16 AM
yardbird
Cargo Master
Received 489 Likes on 322 Posts
I went to the local Ford dealership Sat. to have my wife's (brand omitted) serviced. I was talking to the salesman who sold us her car. He said that his experience with the '04 F-150s is that people either loved them or hated them, with not much in between. That could be the reason for the many different opinions here. I am sort of in between. I would like to see the side windows taller to balance out the 2" taller sides. But that's just me.

I also took a new Explorer NBX for a 100 mile test drive, and fully expected to buy it, but after fifty miles my back and legs were killing me. My wife's back was starting to hurt too, and she doesn't have back problems like I do. (that's why the long test drive, I told them if I could stand to sit in it for 2 hours I would buy it) Seats hard as a carp, bottoms too short, back too straight, seats too close to the floor, when seat raised up head is too high up, steering wheel too low and hitting knees.

Well, I didn't get it. I don't know why mfg.'s put such hard seats in these days.

I went to another dealer and drove an '01 Expy EB, loved it.
Good sitting seats. lots of adjustments, love the butt warmers, low mileage, favorite colors.

I Did not buy it.

They had the most unknowledgable, pushy, uncorporative people I have come across in a long time.

They tried to play every game from "what would you like your payment to be, to what interest rate do you want". I could never get him to give me the total price that they call the "out the door" price. They sent in the "closer" next, and he started the same thing. I said "tell me the total price, I will give you $5000.00 down, amoritize the difference with the best rate and you tell me what the payments will be".

After 3 more trips to "try to get me another $1000.00 off" and an "out the door" price, that when I calculated it up with my pen and paper, was $300.00 more than the original price with all the add ons calculated, which by the way I had to calculate also because they wouldn't tell me an exact total.

I didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday, I know about how much back door money is made in the finance dept., plus the DOC. fees and so forth. All I wanted was a total price and a loan percentage rate, that if lower than what I could get, I would finance with them, and not my bank.

All I got was run around and phoney numbers in magic marker that kept changing.

I got up, said we can't do business, and left them without my $23000.00.

Sorry to get off subject, But I am still mad. That was one nice well cared for Expy. Worth the money. but they lost what could have been a quick, simple sale.

Old 12-15-2003, 05:56 AM
95CobraR
Tuned
amen

Originally posted by yardbird
I Did not buy it.

They had the most unknowledgable, pushy, uncorporative people I have come across in a long time.

They tried to play every game from "what would you like your payment to be, to what interest rate do you want". I could never get him to give me the total price that they call the "out the door" price. They sent in the "closer" next, and he started the same thing. I said "tell me the total price, I will give you $5000.00 down, amoritize the difference with the best rate and you tell me what the payments will be".

After 3 more trips to "try to get me another $1000.00 off" and an "out the door" price, that when I calculated it up with my pen and paper, was $300.00 more than the original price with all the add ons calculated, which by the way I had to calculate also because they wouldn't tell me an exact total.

I didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday, I know about how much back door money is made in the finance dept., plus the DOC. fees and so forth. All I wanted was a total price and a loan percentage rate, that if lower than what I could get, I would finance with them, and not my bank.

All I got was run around and phoney numbers in magic marker that kept changing.

I got up, said we can't do business, and left them without my $23000.00.

Sorry to get off subject, But I am still mad. That was one nice well cared for Expy. Worth the money. but they lost what could have been a quick, simple sale.
yardird,
I know this is off topic, but it seems a troll started this thread anyway.

I agree 100% with your decision to walk out. You described perfectly a simular experience I recently had with an Atlanta Ford dealer. I had more knowledge of the product. They wanted to do business their way (and I was the one with the $$). And, like you, I guess they thought I was as stupid as a turnip. Their "closer" swaggered out of his back office and insulted my intelligence several times before I calmly walked to my vechicle and slowly drove away without saying anything.
It is amazing that they ever sell any vechicles.

I drove several miles to a dealer I had good experience with before. They treated me with respect, had excellent knowledge of the product, offered to let me drive the vechicle home and think about the deal (no deposit required), and didn't have a "closer" on the premises.

I wish you would email your comments to the VP of sales at Ford Hdq's the next time they announce that sales are slightly lower.

Try another dealer. I'm sure you'll find a good deal and the vechicle you like.

Old 12-15-2003, 08:57 AM
Oneagle1
Senior User
TeeRTurne, man soooo sorry to hear of your disapointment. I recently bought an XLT reg cab and was a bit disapointed about NO storage system behind the seat like I had in my Ram 1500 reg cab. But I have been impressed with the ride function and power of my 4.6 ltr. Hope you find a truck soon and wish you a happy and safe Holiday season.

Old 12-15-2003, 12:49 PM
FreeAgentRider6
Senior User
At first i liked the looks of the 04 150's.. i liked the shifter on the floor.. but then i saw one driving down the road... yuck.. Right now i wouldn't buy one..but maybe in a few years when it becomes the norm.. Still like the 92-96 and the 97-03 F-150's..

Old 12-15-2003, 01:52 PM
95CobraR
Tuned
Originally posted by FreeAgentRider6
Right now i wouldn't buy one..but maybe in a few years when it becomes the norm.. Still like the 92-96 and the 97-03 F-150's
Alot of people do that. I remember when some didn't like the 97 when it first came out. They bought one a little later. People didn't like the SN95 (1994) Mustangs when they came out. The bought one later.

I can't argue with you on the looks of the pre-1997 trucks. They still look great. In fact, I like all Ford trucks going back to the pre-F100's.

Off topic. I don't remember anyone that didn't like the new SD's when they came out. I see some of the current SD's in the new F150.

Quick Reply: My 04 supercrew came today NOT HAPPY