Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2004 - 2008 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum24/)
-   -   My 04 supercrew came today NOT HAPPY (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/153177-my-04-supercrew-came-today-not-happy.html)

TeeRTurner 09-16-2003 06:21 PM

My 04 supercrew came today NOT HAPPY

I order a screw xlt came in today left it at the dealer i was not impressed. I was there for 4hours just could not bring myself to like it. It looked very cheap the finders are made of tin if someone leans on it you will have a dent and if someone hits you from the back it won't surprise me if they total it.Ford also removed the compartments from behind the back seats no storage space at all, and the lights outside on the back of the cab looks like emergency lights big and ugly. I also think if you put the 04 beside an 03 the 04 looks three THOUSAND DOLLARS CHEAPER over priced. The dealer i went to is dave sinclair ford in St.louis the numder one ford dealer in the area they have about 20 or so. And my salesman said they have sold ONLY ONE and that most people that came in where not happy or said they would be back not one has showed up yet. I will get a loaded 03 are a gm/ram. By the way gm has 2000 rebates on all there 04 trucks.

retired2001 09-16-2003 09:57 PM

Man that is a shame! Waiting this long, then unsatisfied. The pic's I've seen looked good, but I have not been inside one. Good luck, looks like I'll keep my '02 S'crew awhile longer!

TWellmann 09-17-2003 12:56 AM

I wasn't a big fan of the look when I first saw it at the Chicago Audo show this past winter, but now that it's out and I was able to get a better look at it, including a couple test drives, I've really grown to like it and the look.

With any new or big change it can take awhile to warm up to it. I think if you give it some time, your opinion may change. Just my $0.02 worth. :)

Sweet 04 F-150 09-17-2003 08:58 AM

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I personally really like the looks of the new truck, and yes, the old body took a year to grow on me, but I like that one as well, just not as much.

The big difference though, I feel, is in the ride quality, interior quality and noise reduction, not to mention the motor. Oh, and lets not forget the FRAME.

I actually went from Chevy to Ford for this truck.

ggarrahan 09-17-2003 09:33 AM

I saw an '04 F150 extended cab at Frontier Ford in San Jose Ca. about two weeks ago. Looked it over, and was glad I bought my 2003 King Ranch extended cab last January. The new truck looks clunky to me, very square. However, the assisted tailgate was nice, and they claim the frame is stiffer. But there is no more King Ranch option, the truck is longer than mine, which would make garaging a problem, and even with the 300 HP engine, it's no faster, due to the approx. 500 lb. weight increase. I can't imagine it getting better mileage, either. Also, no $3000 rebate, which makes it very expensive compared to the 2003 Fords or GMs. But it will still sell well, and I'm sure in a few years they'll add more option packages (like the King Ranch).

1955ford 09-17-2003 10:25 AM

I have to agree with TEE , the rear cab light, or bed light is very big and looks cheap to me. Also underhood engine comp. looks like plastic city, no time spent on making things look too good.

alinford 09-17-2003 04:22 PM

Wow, I actually like the rear bed light. The whole outside of the truck looks beefier and more like a truck to me. I also like the interior a lot better.

dhebert834 09-17-2003 08:12 PM

I like the looks but have not seen one up close like you have. I tried to order one but the price was too high. I did two weeks ago give up on it and I bought a 03 Avalanche without body hardware, at about $8000 off sticker. Sorry Ford, I loved my Ford Trucks and will never speak ill of them, but I am a Chevy driver now...so long to you guys.

retired2001 09-17-2003 08:39 PM

"dhebert834" you got to do what you got to do! The new Avalanch w/o cladding is a good looking truck. They are just too heavy for my needs. My '02 S'crew is just right, for right now. Good luck!

ItsReallyDarren 09-17-2003 08:46 PM

I still like the '04 but one thing Ive noticed is that the power window buttons look smaller and feel cheaper than my '03

FTE Ken 09-17-2003 09:15 PM

I smell a rat. All you've posted about so far is how Ford sucks, you're gonna buy a GM, you're gonna buy Dodge, you're gonna buy a Titan... its no wonder Ford's stock is low, how a "source" told you to wait two years before buying one, two weeks ago you posted you wouldn't buy one.

Yet now you say you ordered one and it arrived less than 2 weeks later? Build times on orders are a lot longer than that.

What was your order on the paperwork, Invoice price? options?

slayer 09-17-2003 11:03 PM

I just picked up my 2004 FORD F150 FX4 and let me tell you I am very impressed, I traded in my 98 XLT, the styling is very intimidating especially if your in a chev or a hemi. My dealer showed me some footage of when he went to a ford dealer convention , and the hooked up a 360 horse hemi to the back of a new F150 for a good old pull off, the start was even ,then the F150 started to drag the hemi,tires smoking and all, all over the parking lot, and i did more research, unlike teerjerker or whatever his name is,real ford lovers never cry, so i know he's a fake. dude probably can't afford bus fair down to the nearest ford dealer,so he's gotta settle for a chevy or a hemi.

MW95F250 09-18-2003 12:22 PM

Yeah, I believe there was a few trolls on this one.

1956MarkII 09-18-2003 03:01 PM

Did this guy even bother to DRIVE the truck? I just had a guy come in today with a '99 Dodge, drove a S/C STX and traded on the spot. He couldn't believe that ANYONE could build a truck that quiet- we even took it off-road, and he was even more impressed. Just drive the darn thing- the looks won't matter!

greeneyes 09-18-2003 08:55 PM

I am with the webmaster if you guys are so anti ford why are you on this website? I have a 2004 f-150 and like it very much
I think they are a big inprovement over last years model and are a step in the future for truch design.
:-X01