Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trailer Plug???

Old 02-13-2018, 09:48 PM
jbalestri
Posting Guru
jbalestri is starting off with a positive reputation.
Trailer Plug???

Hey guys, Back with an 01 X Limited V10. I am planning to tow from time to time. There is no trailer plug, so looking for a harness. Confused because I found ďall Excursions cam with 7 way from FactoryĒ in other places. I found this plug under truck. Can anyone recommend a harness that I assume plugs into this one? I just donít want to splice and if needed Iíll go visit our local trailer place.

Thanks

Old 02-13-2018, 11:14 PM
Nicmike
Veteran Sheepdog
Nicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputation
I can see what I can find for you at the Gold Mine tomorrow. Taking the new axles over to show them the finished product with their stuff. PM me if you like, because it likely won't be free.

Old 02-13-2018, 11:58 PM
R&T Babich
Posting Guru
R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by jbalestri View Post
... I found this plug under truck. Can anyone recommend a harness that I assume plugs into this one? ...
From a 2002 Wiring Diagrams book that looks like what's left of connector C410 which is located "vehicle rear end, LH side".
1 - OG - battery charge
4 - YE - left turn
6 - DB - ???
7 - DB - ???
8 - BN/WH - parking
9 - DG - right turn
10 - BK/LG- reverse
12 - WH - ???

Attached Images   
Old 02-14-2018, 08:17 PM
ShelbyHauler
Senior User
ShelbyHauler has a good reputation on FTE.ShelbyHauler has a good reputation on FTE.
Possibly this might be helpful, though it looks like you would have to do some cutting and splicing.

Reese Towpower 74682 7 Way Multi-Plug T-Connector Assembly U. S. Car Replacement Socket OEM

Buy used:
$12.67
Used: Acceptable

Old 02-15-2018, 08:48 PM
Cocky EX
New User
Cocky EX is starting off with a positive reputation.
Old 02-15-2018, 08:55 PM
Nicmike
Veteran Sheepdog
Nicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Cocky EX View Post
Nice find! That appears to be it...except for the metal bracket it attaches to off the hitch.

Old 02-16-2018, 12:21 PM
ithaca1230
Elder User
ithaca1230 has a very good reputation on FTE.ithaca1230 has a very good reputation on FTE.ithaca1230 has a very good reputation on FTE.ithaca1230 has a very good reputation on FTE.
a few years ago I was able to find a oem replacement for mine of ebay I looked real quick and didnt see any but it was nice to plug it in and bolt it right on

Old 02-18-2018, 04:53 PM
jbalestri
Posting Guru
Thx everyone.

Old 03-03-2018, 08:10 PM
jbalestri
Posting Guru
Cocky Ex..itís funny, but they state that doesnít fit..but guess what??? It does. I ordered a bracket, but didnít like how there really isnít anywhere to mount except under the hitch. So, I removed the driver side license plate light, ground out the hole, attached with self tapping screws, and voila, in business. I plugged in my little trailer with 4 flat and adapter and all lights work. Maybe one day Iíll check the other parts of a 7 way and check for relays. If I decide the one license plate light isnít enough, Iíll just get two led lights that are made to bolt the license plate on and hook those up.

THX.

Next project is replacing all the door lock actuators when they arrive.

Old 03-04-2018, 08:51 PM
Cocky EX
New User
Cocky EX is starting off with a positive reputation.
In doing research to prioritize the things I want to do as funds come available some sites list items working for the Fxxx SD's but not the EX. In a lot of cases looking closely at the connectors, relays, functions, etc they will work.

Old 03-04-2018, 09:32 PM
jbalestri
Posting Guru
Yeah. Before I ordered, I checked to make sure that the wires were in the corresponding spots. It appears that there was a plug at one point, the catch is broken off the plug and there is a bolt broken off on the bottom of the hitch. A zip tie will keep the plug together. Lots to do to a 200k truck, but canít beat the Excursion for space and power.