Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiper

Old 02-10-2018, 12:48 PM
bigdof84
New User
bigdof84 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wiper

Wipers work on high only and do not shut off
they stop when key is turned off and go to park position when key is turned back on

Old 02-10-2018, 12:51 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
What kind of rig do you have? Year, make, model, etc. Gotta make sure you're asking in the correct forum.

Stewart

Old 02-10-2018, 02:20 PM
afmedic
Elder User
afmedic has a good reputation on FTE.afmedic has a good reputation on FTE.afmedic has a good reputation on FTE.
Sounds like a short to power somewhere. I would test the multifunction switch for proper continuity in each position

Old 02-10-2018, 02:27 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by afmedic View Post
Sounds like a short to power somewhere. I would test the multifunction switch for proper continuity in each position
He may have a truck so old it doesn't have a multifunction switch.

New users will ofttimes make their posts in the wrong forum, and I didn't wanna assume he had a 7.3L PSD.

Stewart

Old 02-10-2018, 02:30 PM
afmedic
Elder User
afmedic has a good reputation on FTE.afmedic has a good reputation on FTE.afmedic has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post

New users will ofttimes make their posts in the wrong forum, and I didn't wanna assume he had a 7.3L PSD.

Stewart
right on! I'm using the mobile page right now, so it doesn't show post count or signature haha

Old 02-10-2018, 02:42 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Originally Posted by afmedic View Post
right on! I'm using the mobile page right now, so it doesn't show post count or signature haha

It's his first post, he just joined, so I wanna make sure he gets squared away.

Stewart

Old 02-10-2018, 02:52 PM
Walleye Hunter
Postmaster
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
His stats show that it's an '00 F-350.

Old 02-11-2018, 07:47 AM
pirschwagon
Elder User
pirschwagon has a very good reputation on FTE.pirschwagon has a very good reputation on FTE.pirschwagon has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post

Stewart
Spot On - I notice everyone has a Signature Line. But, few have the core information provided when asking for help. Often, you have to chase it down on their profiles and such or ask. Everyone should have their Core Information in their Signature.

Old 02-11-2018, 11:00 AM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
While I agree most people don't think to provide enough information (from A to Z, not just about their rig) when posting about a problem, signatures unfortunately aren't available to new users until after they have been registered for 10 days and have posted at least 5 times.

Stewart

Old 02-11-2018, 04:32 PM
DogRidesInBack
Posting Guru
DogRidesInBack is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.DogRidesInBack is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Signatures also are not available in all apps that members use. So it is still often necessary to put the info in the post rather than only the signature.

Another reason to put the details in the post is that the truck may get replaced, so new signature... The thread will be here "forever."

@bigdof84: Welcome to FTE! My first thought is to get a meter probing around the wiper controls, then move to investigating the connector to the wiper motor if the controls check out. Do you have a multimeter?

Old 02-11-2018, 04:56 PM
Walleye Hunter
Postmaster
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
He hasn't been back since he posed his question.

Old 02-11-2018, 10:22 PM
carl2591
Elder User
carl2591 has a good reputation on FTE.carl2591 has a good reputation on FTE.
guess he figured out what that round thing on the end of the stick now does..

I thought it was about wiper size and how you can go bigger and get more coverage on windshield.

I believe i remember it was going from 19 to 22" length. ??

Old 02-13-2018, 05:05 PM
bigdof84
New User
bigdof84 is starting off with a positive reputation.
2001 F-350 7.3 changed the wiper relays, multi function switch and wiper motor