Cargo Master
Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Subscribing

Old 02-08-2018, 09:07 PM
bakerbuilttracks
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well i got ripped on ebay.
Ordered the 05 dash and it was advertised with the heat and ac controls, 4x4 switch, power point and headlight switch.

It arrived today and no headlight switch and no 4x4 switch. UHHHHHHHH this agervates me to no end.

Anyone dealt with this before ? I do not get much off ebay so not really sure how to go about dealing with it.

Old 02-08-2018, 09:20 PM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Received 888 Likes on 625 Posts
I had an issue where what I got was not what was advertised. I contacted fleabay, they have a method to do that but I forget how it's done, snoop around their site for it. They will take care of it. Can you like the ad? I'd like to see what it said.

Old 02-08-2018, 09:46 PM
bakerbuilttracks
Elder User
I tried going back to the ad and it said the seller has not updated or reposted the item.

I hit the contact seller and sent a nastygram. Basacally telling them i did not recieve what was advertised and that was unacceptable. I suggested a full refund and seller pay shipping back.
Or they send the correct missing items.

I will look on ebay as you suggested Mark. It just really aggravates me to no end.
Could have been an honnest mistake but even the photo of what i was purschasing all was included . When i opened the box there was a auxillary fuel sticker on the dash along with some other warning sticker.
It was used which i was aware of but even the photos did not show that.

Old 02-09-2018, 07:22 AM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
When you bought the thing you should have gotten an E-mail congratulating you on your purchase, which would include a link to the ad. Additionally, on your fleabay account you can go to your purchase history, which will include a link to the ad. While the ad is no longer available to the public it is still there.

Old 02-09-2018, 09:04 AM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Before raising the roof you really want to comb that ad and make sure that you didn't overlook part of its description.

Old 02-09-2018, 09:10 AM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 199 Likes on 107 Posts
I've been through the return/replace/refund processes several times with eBay, and it's always worked out well, though it is frustrating.

Be reasonably patient, and don't assume the worst or approach the seller with that kind of attitude. Nothing wrong at all with voicing frustration and unmet expectations, but honest mistakes do happen and things do sometimes go wrong without it being an intentional "cheat".

Old 02-09-2018, 09:20 AM
Jaime74656
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
just contact the seller, been there and done that many times (every thing I buy is through ebay usually, unless its cheaper on amazon or locally) ive had times where things were either broken or missing parts, and I just contact the seller, and tell them something like "hey I just wanted to let you know this issue has happened and would like to know if we might be able to resolve it, or if not just for future reference" (or something along those lines.

Remember you will get further with honey then you would with using salt. If it truly was advertised as coming with the AC control unit and any thing else, just be nice and let them know the item may be missing parts and you would like to know if there is any way to resolve the issue.

99% of the time the seller will work with you to fix the problem and get you the entire order.

Old 02-09-2018, 09:22 AM
Jaime74656
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RMBC Freeride
I can definitely answer this one...

The clips do line up and snap in.
If I want to do this swap, would my AC ducts (E99) be too big? I am thinking possibly, but it is also hard to tell from the picture too...(more interested in swapping the bezel for one that is a nicer looking piece)

Old 02-11-2018, 12:43 PM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Any updates on this?

Old 02-13-2018, 08:41 PM
bakerbuilttracks
Elder User
Mark and everyone else.
Sorry i got delayed on the project.
I got everything squared away on my parts.

Laat weekend it rained all weekend and i had no way to paint the dash to match my interrior. To humid as the painting will be done outside.

You can see form my other thread BAD WATER LEAK what i woke up to monday morning.

Im going to try and get the dash painted this weekend. Next weekend shes going into the body shop for new windshield and some mild body rust from the bad windshield moulding.

Give me a bit and i will keep everyone up to speed.

I know it can be done and i will try to take pics which i always forget todo.

Old 02-26-2018, 10:02 PM
bakerbuilttracks
Elder User
Ok as promised i would update yall on the install.

Sorry but i did not take any pics. I get too involved and doing a project in 2 days is a scramble. My only vehicle so i get into production mode and use all my time to speed things up over the weekend.

If any one wants to give it a whirl i would be happy to receive calls and walk you through it over the phone.
I have pics of the finished product which i will post tomorrow.

So heres what i did and some tips.

A stock radio will not work. You must use a double din radio and a 05-07 dash kit

I choose to use the 05 dash with the dial ac controls vs the digital ac control. It was 100% plug in play.

Here is the write up i followed Please note the pictures of the cutting and referance what i mention https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post10392279

First watch a few videos of removal and installation of radios in the 05 07 trucks. You can see where and how the radio mounts up. This will help you understand how to mount the doubledin radio in the truck and why your cutting the section out.

You will see the 07 radio mounts up the the two supports to the left and right of the radio. Just inside the ac vents. Some good hardware will fasten the radio to the supports holding it in place.

Cut out just as shown in the pics.

There were a few snap tabs on the back of the dash that did not fit in the proper location and i trimmed them.

Alot of this is having everything disassembled and holding the dash up and looking to see what lines up and modifying it accordingly.

I used the 05 dash as the ac controls plug in play.

The headlight switch pigtail was different than the newer 05 so i made a pigtail using spade connectors to plug in.

Matching up the wire colors from the 07 plug to the 2000 the colors are the same. 01 - 03 used the same plugs as the 05-07.

The ac vents line up but need notches cut in them as shown in the photos along with the foam inserted into the ducts. I added expandable foam after the dash was installed by reaching up through the headlight switch 4x4 switch and powerpoint hole.

Like a said its straight forward Just be innovative and take your time trimming and modifying. Lots of in and out with the dash trimming here and there and eventually it snaps right in.

Then fab up the radio and snap the dash over it. Then install light switch 4x4 and power point.

As mentioned any questions just ask and i will be more than happy to discuss via phone too.

Mine turned out great and the time i put in im very happy.

Just wish i had more time to document with photos etc.