General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Posts don't count here?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2003, 04:27 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Posts don't count here?

OK, I'll bite...... I just read that the posts here in the Oinker Pen don't count. Whyzat, huh? Just a matter of morbid curiosity, ya know, but it's like you are encouraging people to not post here.

Just to clarify where I got this, it's on the forum list

"Pig Pen
Whether you're a donkey or an elephant, the Pig Pen is the forum for political and religious mud-slinging! Does not apply to your post count."

Last edited by Fordlover1951; 09-13-2003 at 04:59 PM.
Old 09-13-2003, 04:38 PM
Mike W
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Posts don't count here?

Naw, I think someone is feeding you a line.

Old 09-13-2003, 04:43 PM
jskufan
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Posts don't count here?

I think there is something wrong with my account. My post number hasn't changed in awhile.

Old 09-13-2003, 05:11 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Posts don't count here?

*grins*

"Checkmate, roger, bingo there - ghostrider!" Posts in this forum being off the beaten track from FORD TRUCKS, they do not roll up the counter towards mass quantities of fame and glory....

*shrugs*

Everything has a trade off somewhere.

Old 09-13-2003, 05:18 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Posts don't count here?

Does that mean that posters here are No accounts?

Old 09-13-2003, 05:26 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Posts don't count here?

Something like that! Although - I need to check on how the counter is working (no details at this point)

Old 09-13-2003, 05:50 PM
Bubba Shrimp
Posting Guru
Posts don't count here?

Lately my counter has been going backwards. yesterday I had 846. Today its 789.

Old 09-13-2003, 06:20 PM
jskufan
Posting Guru
Posts don't count here?

Originally posted by Bubba Shrimp
Lately my counter has been going backwards. yesterday I had 846. Today its 789.
bubba,

I noticed the same thing, I could have sworn I was closing in on "300", and today it's been stuck at "219".

Old 09-13-2003, 06:45 PM
Carlene
Admom
Received 190 Likes on 118 Posts
Posts don't count here?

Hey guys, at least it's not just us. Even the well over 16,000 posts Dennis dropped below 15,000.

I guess that's the penalty we have to pay in order to discuss contraversal subjects.

On the bright side, if you are more interested in your post count than you are in voicing your opinion, you now know to stay out of the "Pig Pen".

Old 09-13-2003, 07:04 PM
jskufan
Posting Guru
Posts don't count here?

Originally posted by Carlene

On the bright side, if you are more interested in your post count than you are in voicing your opinion, you now know to stay out of the "Pig Pen".
Carlene,

Can someone explain why the posts don't count in the "Pig Pen" but they do in "General Conversation"? My understanding was that General Conversation was a forum to discuss any topic you wanted (within guidelines). The technical stuff was routed to the catagory best suited. Most of these threads don't relate to Ford trucks, but rather topics members were interested in. The Pig Pen seems like a way to allow members interested in political or religous discussions to branch out. I don't think anyone posts here simply to watch their counter rise, but it seems odd that you get credit for talking about your favorite music but not for who you want for president.

Old 09-13-2003, 07:15 PM
Carlene
Admom
Received 190 Likes on 118 Posts
Posts don't count here?

I'm almost sure about this - - - The admin was so tired of putting out flames from all of the political and religious threads that they were to the point of closing them as soon as they began. Rather than doing that, they gave us this forum. Being outside of any topics they want to deal with, it would seem to me that this forum is in it's own world.

Hey, the way I look at it is if you can't post about a certain topic, you're not getting any post counts anyway. At least we still have a place to voice our opinions. If you'll notice, Ken's opened many of the previously closed threads just for this forum.

Old 09-13-2003, 07:33 PM
jskufan
Posting Guru
Posts don't count here?

I know some of the discussions tend to get a little "spirited" on occasion. These are the topics that are in the news everyday. Serious subjects require serious conversations. I drive a Ford and love the Ford product but I'm not particularly technical relating to car repair. I visit "Superduty and Heavy Duty" as well as an occasional tour of "7.3 Liter Diesel Powerestroke" but I have to admit prior to "Pig Pen" opening, 99% of my time was in "General Discussion". I am always open minded and enjoy learning new things from other members. There will always be heated debates, I've seen some of the worst in "gas vs. diesel" threads. Besides, judging by the attendance, it looks like a lot of others want to be in the "Pig Pen" as well. Count the Posts.

Old 09-13-2003, 08:06 PM
yavapai
Junior User
Posts don't count here?

ever time you post with the oinkies you get 1 subtraction....so yes, you talk here enuff and you'll git subtracted like you never existed....maybe i'll get to suck at the nipple again...making everthing worthwhile...keep oinking is all i can say. backwards is good....cant wait to lose age to be 69 again heh heh heh.

Old 09-13-2003, 08:45 PM
Bubba Shrimp
Posting Guru
Posts don't count here?

You don't lose any count for posting in the oinker forum. I've tried it. The count doesn't go down, but it doesn't go up either. I think the reason some people's count went down (mine did) is that the count used to reflect the total posts a person made,but now it reflects the number of threads you have posted to (excluding oinker city). If you post to the same thread 10 times, your count only goes up by 1. I think the count was adjusted to reflect this new method of counting, and that's why the count has gone down. It is no longer counting the individual posts, it's counting the threads you have posted to and it's retroactive to day 1.

Last edited by Bubba Shrimp; 09-13-2003 at 08:57 PM.
Old 09-13-2003, 09:25 PM
Bubba Shrimp
Posting Guru
Posts don't count here?

You just posted in the pig pen. Did your count go down? I don't think so, but it didn't go up either.

If you go post in the GC or another forum and post in a thread you have already posted in your count won't go up or down, but if you start a new thread or post in a thread you've never posted in I bet your count will go up.

Image that you've done this:

GC forum:
thread A - 3 posts
thread B - 1 post
thread C - 5 posts

pig pen
thread D - 2 posts
thread E - 3 posts
total posts 3+1+5+2+3=14 posts in 5 threads. count=14

New way of counting: 3 "good" threads posted to + 0 "oinker" threads = total count of 3

your count just went from 14 to 3.

I wish Ken would jump in here and confirm this cause I'm going to feel pretty foolish if I'm wrong.

Quick Reply: Posts don't count here?