Sponsored by: Moser

Difficulty programming Key fob

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 05:19 PM
Anne Gehman
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Difficulty programming Key fob

We bought a used 2010 F150 Lariat edition and it only came with 1 key fob. We bought a 2nd one on ebay and have been trying to program it. We have followed the procedure in the manual to a T and the truck enters the programming phase by cycling the locks but is not doing any actual programming of the key fobs. The battery is new and you can tell that the key fob has power to it. It's not programming for either fob, the one that came with it nor the new one. I've searched the threads and seen that some others have had this same issue and have tried different things like opening and closing the driver's door. Unplugged the battery for 10 minutes and tried again and still unable to program. Each time it does go in to programming mode but will not program. Any other fixes that other's have found for this issue?

Old 12-03-2017, 10:19 AM
alloro
Received 4,194 Likes on 2,430 Posts
Are the FOBs OEM or aftermarket replacements?

Old 12-03-2017, 01:32 PM
Anne Gehman
New User
Both are OEM

Old 12-03-2017, 02:01 PM
jdunk54nl
Elder User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You need to have two original keys previously programmed to the truck in order to program a 3rd. As far as I know you won't be able to program a 2nd key only having one without IDS.

I am not 100% sure if Forscan would work for you to program or not with the 2010.

Here is the procedure in the owners manual though. Page 145

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Fo.../10f12og3e.pdf

Old 12-03-2017, 02:43 PM
Anne Gehman
New User
Trying to program key fob not keys. Thanks

Old 12-03-2017, 02:51 PM
jdunk54nl
Elder User
So just to clarify, you have two original keys though and only 1 key fob with those two keys. You then purchased a new OEM from ebay. Can you guarantee it is OEM? Did you purchase it from a ford dealer on ebay?

The original fob that you received with the truck, did it work from the beginning? Does it work now or is it erased?

Old 12-03-2017, 03:15 PM
Anne Gehman
New User
We have 2 working keys that came with the truck. One OEM that worked when we got it and still works. The key fob purchased off ebay has all the exact same numbers on the back of it as the original one that came with the truck and looks identical in all ways. The truck enters programming mode but won't program either fob, the one that came with the truck that works or the new one. It should cycle the locks when you push a button on the key fob it's in programming mode but nothing happens in programming mode when you push buttons on either key fob. The good news is at least the original fob that came with it still works.

Old 12-03-2017, 03:55 PM
alloro
Received 4,194 Likes on 2,430 Posts
Just to be sure you're using the correct programming procedure, and have the correct FOBs...Verify that this important information is on the the back of your remote before using these programming instructions.

FCC ID: CWTWB1U345
Factory Part No: 8L3T-15K601-AB
Canada Part No: 1788A-FWB1U345

Step-by-Step Programming Instructions:

Programming Notes:
•It is necessary to have all of your keyless remotes available prior to beginning this procedure. All keyless remotes not present during the programming procedure will not work when the programming procedure has been completed.

•DO NOT depress brake pedal during this programming procedure.

•Unlock all doors using the power door lock switch on door panel.

1.Turn ignition from OFF to RUN 8 times within 10 seconds, with the 8th time ending in RUN. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming mode.

2.Within 20 seconds press any button on first keyless remote. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming.

3.Within 20 seconds, press any button on second keyless remote. Door locks will cycle again to confirm programming.

4.Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.

Old 12-03-2017, 04:12 PM
Anne Gehman
New User
My key fobs also include the remote start and seat preference buttons so it's a different
P/N 7L3J-15K601-AA
FCC ID GOH-PCGEN2
IC: 3954A-TN400
It does say Ford Motor Company above all of this on the back of the fobs.
We followed this exactly

Step-by-Step Programming Instructions:

Programming Notes:
•It is necessary to have all of your keyless remotes available prior to beginning this procedure. All keyless remotes not present during the programming procedure will not work when the programming procedure has been completed.

•DO NOT depress brake pedal during this programming procedure.

•Unlock all doors using the power door lock switch on door panel.

1.Turn ignition from OFF to RUN 8 times within 10 seconds, with the 8th time ending in RUN. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming mode.

2.Within 20 seconds press any button on first keyless remote. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming.

3.Within 20 seconds, press any button on second keyless remote. Door locks will cycle again to confirm programming.

4.Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.

It enters programming mode after step one but nothing happens as step 2 when pushing the buttons.

We also tried to program the seats to the working key fob as it wasn't programmed and has a different programming procedure.
- Position everything..
- Press and hold #1 (assuming you're option 1) for 5 seconds. You should hear a tone after 1.5 seconds when its done saving, then a second tone is heard after 5 seconds.
- within 3 seconds press the LOCK button on the key fob
- a tone should be heard when activation is complete.
Once again following exact instructions it entered programming mode but nothing happened when pushing the buttons on the remote.

I don't know maybe something is wrong with some computer module in the truck that controls the programming. It's just weird that it enters programming mode but won't actually program.

Old 12-03-2017, 07:37 PM
jdunk54nl
Elder User
Edited because I finally found it, it comes with the 200 series remote start system.

Old 12-03-2017, 07:46 PM
jdunk54nl
Elder User
Ok, the programming is different if you have the 200 series system.
here are the instructions

http://machenry.com/documents/Instal...structions.pdf

Old 12-03-2017, 08:15 PM
Anne Gehman
New User
Originally Posted by jdunk54nl
Ok, the programming is different if you have the 200 series system.
here are the instructions

http://machenry.com/documents/Instal...structions.pdf

Any idea where to locate the L.E.D connected to the remote start harness?? Or the remote start override button? I don't see any buttons for this.

Old 12-03-2017, 08:52 PM
jdunk54nl
Elder User
I am guessing it is somewhere in here but I do not have this system nor have any experience with it. FYI I just googled ford series 200 remote start system install. There were videos too. I bet if you googled how to program keys to it that would come up with some videos as well.

http://machenry.com/documents/Instal...09_04_2009.pdf

Old 12-03-2017, 09:44 PM
Anne Gehman
New User
Originally Posted by jdunk54nl
I am guessing it is somewhere in here but I do not have this system nor have any experience with it. FYI I just googled ford series 200 remote start system install. There were videos too. I bet if you googled how to program keys to it that would come up with some videos as well.

http://machenry.com/documents/Instal...09_04_2009.pdf
Thanks for your help!

Old 12-04-2017, 02:42 PM
Anne Gehman
New User
Finally found the button but it's broken and now the working key fob won't work either. Any ideas?

Quick Reply: Difficulty programming Key fob