Rear alarm - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear alarm

Old 11-17-2017, 05:19 PM
madre
New User
madre is starting off with a positive reputation.
Rear alarm

I just got a 2017 F 150 XLT and today when we put it in reverse a loud audible alarm went on and stayed on until we shut off the truck, also on the monitor screen the image of the truck shows a red light on the right rear of the truck. We made sure all the sensors are clear, but the alarm still goes off when we put the truck in reverse

Old 11-17-2017, 05:44 PM
Just Strokin
Postmaster
Just Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud of
have you tried to check your owner's manual for the red light/alarm?

Old 11-17-2017, 06:26 PM
madre
New User
madre is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yes I have, even looking on line, but can not find an answer.

Old 11-17-2017, 07:40 PM
Just Strokin
Postmaster
Just Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud of
Do you have a good quality photo of the red light you can share?

Old 11-17-2017, 10:03 PM
jav_eee
Senior User
jav_eee is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.jav_eee is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Audible alarm inside the truck or outside?

Old 11-18-2017, 01:41 AM
cappa
Senior User
cappa is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I think one of the back up sensors has some moisture in it. Mine does this too every now and then until it gets a good sleep in the heated garage then it seems to go away. Turns red like it thinks something is right up against the bumper. This is on a 15 thou and only does it once and a while. The audible alarm I hear is the solid beep like I am about to back into something. Not sure if that's what your hearing or not. If it always does it thou maybe you have a bad sensor?