Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

October 2017 Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 04:53 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I burned a pile of limbs I had collected, cleaned out some of the basement. Just as I had figured I ended up spending most of the day at the mom in-laws place. I installed a gate for her, trimmed all her bushes and hung up curtain rods.

My buddy down the street told my daughter that he was tired of seeing the 79 sitting there and was going to work on it. Funny thing is I was thinking that the other day.

Watched the Bulldogs until the 3rd quarter and couldn't hold my eyes open anymore. The deep pass defense had me worried for a while as the were tearing them up deep.

Old 10-16-2017, 12:25 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Boo it's Monday but loving the cooler weather. I didn't get around to working on the 79 this weekend. Ended up working at mom in-laws on Saturday and doing some stuff for the wife which took most of the day. I did manage to go thru some more stuff we had in the basement and get rid of it. Finally clearing out some space to be able to work.

Old 10-17-2017, 07:02 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
They have me putting together another 966M hood. This one is going together a lot faster than the first one I did. This is a one piece hood where the other was a clam shell and opened 2 ways.

Old 10-18-2017, 05:40 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Hump day is here !!!
The cold weather has the arthritis in my hip hurting like crazy. It's hell getting old!

Old 10-19-2017, 05:23 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
They have a truck in from a transmission update !! I am just about finished building the hood.

Old 10-20-2017, 02:55 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
TGIF !!!
I will pull the cab off this morning and hope to have the transmission out by the end of the day. They gave me a new guy to help, well he is not much help. He seems to be more interested in his email and cell phone. Anything that is difficult he won't do, he finds something else to work on. Drives me crazy.

Old 10-20-2017, 05:04 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I got the transmission out today. I will start putting the new one in on Monday. Glad the weekend is finally here.

Old 10-21-2017, 04:16 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Filled up my hot tub and cleaned the pool. I am going to try and work on the 79 tomorrow and see if I can get it running again or at least find the problem.

Old 10-22-2017, 04:44 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ChiefM
Filled up my hot tub and cleaned the pool. I am going to try and work on the 79 tomorrow and see if I can get it running again or at least find the problem.
You have been busy this week .
we had a minor accident in Ocala on the way down. Took out the rt front turn signal. Have developed an electrical problem because of it Lexie got sick day 3 and 4 ​​​​​​, think it was a combination of Mexican food for lunch and Italian for dinner then 97°+60% humidity. Enjoyed Jamaica and Cozemel. Should have brought more money for both. When I got interernet and messaging yesterday, had a messages from our neighbor who is taking care of the house and animals that 1 a couple of days ago she thought someone was in my shed. 2 our oldest dog had not been eating for 2 days and her gums were white. Two hours later another message the dog died. She buried her under a tree in her backwoods. It Will be rough on Lexie when we get hime.
Lion Country Safari was good.
We ended up staying @ Patrick AFB lodging .
6 to 7 hours driving today

Old 10-22-2017, 06:08 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Be safe getting home and sorry to hear about your less than ideal happenings.

Old 10-22-2017, 06:11 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Be safe getting home and sorry to hear about your less than ideal happenings.
Yesterday we were exhaused. I was in bed around 8

Old 10-22-2017, 06:39 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Friday I was the same way, went to bed early and slept in till after 8. Very unusual for me. Trying to take care of outside stuff before the rain comes. I still have not gotten the stuff I need to hook the generator to the house.

I always seem to have something going on. Tuesday I am going to a Dr's appointment with my wife and Friday heading down to Vero Beach to visit my Father who is having health issues.

I am getting excited about our upcoming cruise. It's not as long as yours but going to be fun doing something new.

Old 10-22-2017, 06:49 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Busy day around the property. Oh joy, back at work tomorrow.

Old 10-22-2017, 07:13 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Busy day around the property. Oh joy, back at work tomorrow.
it took us about it 7 1/2 hours to drive from Coco. Traffic was heavy. We probably walked 50 or 60 miles. Our cabin was on deck 10 middle back, smoking area deck 15 middle , 1 of the 20 restaurants was deck 16 middle on deck 15 back 1 deck 15 front. Several on deck 4,5,6. One theater deck 4 and 5 front other theater deck 6 back. To get any where we had walk to the elevator and wait sometimes we had to go up to go down, then walk to were we were goingThere were right at 6500 passengers with almost a 1000 kids. We saw 7 shows eat at 3 of the specality restaurants. Eat at least 3 times a day. We Dressed up in tux and formal dress one night

Old 10-23-2017, 08:47 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
That's one huge ship, ours is not that big. We may try a bigger one if we enjoy going on a cruise. Not sure how much relaxation there will be with little man with us. He doesn't bother me.

Speaking of little man he has a new trick, he can crawl out of his crib now. The wife woke up and found him walking around our room this morning. That boy is going to be a handful.

Quick Reply: October 2017 Chat Thread