October 2017 Chat Thread - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

October 2017 Chat Thread

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 04:37 PM
Postmaster

hturner12 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Welcome back BOB
I talked to friend in Puerto Rico things are very bad down there. Price grouging, if there are any supplies. There is only one cellar carrier up and eccen that is sketchy. She ask to borrow another 30 dollars. I am going to send her another 50 plus I going to put together a care package to send her. Once I find out what they need if anyone else wants to send a care package.
Old 10-08-2017, 05:11 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.
Welcome back Bob !!
They had the 411 yard sale yesterday, stretched for like 120 miles. I ended up driving the ladies around for a few hours. When we got home I was exhausted and ended up needing a nap.
The heavy rain woke me up this morning. The satellite TV and internet keep going in and out but so far the power is OK. Glad I have my cell connected Ipad as a backup.
Sorry to hear about your friend, it's been a crazy year for hurricanes this year.
Old 10-08-2017, 06:58 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.
No damage here just rain and wind all day.

I managed to finally got thru the boxes of clothes I had in our closet. One was from when we moved here 3 years ago, a box I had that was in the motorhome and a box of clothes I had when I was deployed. I also went thru my hung up stuff and got rid of the clothes that are too small now. I am going to happily donate them all to the goodwill. I am excited that I can walk in our walk in closet again without tripping over or having to dodge stuff. The rainy day was not a total loss.

I found the reason the basement was always flooding and fixed it a few weeks ago. Our basement is almost completely dry even after all the rain!!!
Old 10-08-2017, 07:05 PM
Elder User

Big_Texxan is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Big_Texxan is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
i love alcohol

im done with everything

whatever

I get a day off. Accidentally booked my flight to Georgia on thursday instead of friday. So now I get thursday through sunday off. lol. Dad just called me, had a good conversation, hes picking me up at airport, and reminds me of the thursday early morning flight. oops.
Old 10-08-2017, 07:07 PM
Postmaster

It was just just rainy down here. Glad you had no damage.we all have purge our stuff every now and then. Going to spend Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday packing a getting ready for the cruise. We drive to Ocala Thursday Friday drive to Dania Beach/Ft Lauderdale
Old 10-09-2017, 04:28 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

I can't wait till we are packing for our cruise. The ship is in dry dock right now getting a bunch of upgrades and updates. I paid for my tags yesterday since my birthday is Thursday. Next thing to purge is the basement.
Old 10-09-2017, 04:30 AM
Postmaster

Happy birthday I thought the basement was your man cave
Old 10-09-2017, 06:54 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

The basement is 2 sections. One section which is the man cave and the other half is storage. The man cave side is finished out and has a door leading to the storage half.

Thank you for the Birthday wish!!
Old 10-09-2017, 09:10 AM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefM View Post
The basement is 2 sections. One section which is the man cave and the other half is storage. The man cave side is finished out and has a door leading to the storage half.

Thank you for the Birthday wish!!
51 or 52?
The hard part on you purge ,will be the outside stuff. Getting rid of that 1 nut and bolt that you been hauling around for years cause you may need it some day
Old 10-09-2017, 09:32 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

53, most days feel 93

Nothing outside to get rid of, I keep it fairly clean already. The basement seems to collect the most stuff, rolled up rugs, old pool floats and such. I want to make room to get the 4 wheeler in there and pull the engine.

Man it is super humid today, sweating like crazy. Calibrating the blade on a D6 dozer so I get to sit in the AC for a few minutes.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:42 AM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefM View Post
53, most days feel 93

Nothing outside to get rid of, I keep it fairly clean already. The basement seems to collect the most stuff, rolled up rugs, old pool floats and such. I want to make room to get the 4 wheeler in there and pull the engine.
I knew I was older just could not remember how much 5 years. I be glad to get back out to the Land and start doing something again. After the cruise. Have my 8week follow up on the 31st
Old 10-11-2017, 09:42 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

Hump day is here!!!
Hugh is packing for his cruise. I am under 200 days till mine.
We have a new time management and parts order system at work. It maybe be better once we figure out how to use all the functions.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:57 AM
Postmaster

We are 95% packed. Head out in the morning. Weather for every port hot with chance of rain.

Once yall get use to the new system they will change it. It call programmer job security
Old 10-13-2017, 06:05 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

Hugh is off on his cruise. I had a long day at work. I have to really find a job not so physical. This weekend the mom in-law wants me to do some work at her place.
Old 10-14-2017, 06:53 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

Have to put a gate in at the mom in-laws today. Going to do some fall cleaning of the basement and try to get my 4 wheeler in there so I can pull the engine. I want to try and get the 79 running again tomorrow. I think it may need a fuel pump.

At the 411 yard sale last weekend I picked up a Dewalt 18 volt sawzall and 5 1/4 circular saw both for 25 bucks. No idea if they worked and I had my batteries at work. I brought the batteries home yesterday and they both work fantastic!!

Closed Thread