Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

September 2017 Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 02:17 PM
Big_Texxan
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Wedding this weekend near Fort Worth. Was a very nice wedding, glad my child hood friend tied the knot.

Send me some pictures, I can let ya know what ya need

Optimas, no, not the hype. Just get a battery, and unhook the cables when you dont think youll use it. Or stick a battery tender on the battery when you dont use it

The new chick I stuck my neck out for is now ****ing me. Im pissed. Painter sent me an update when I was out of town Friday, we might fire her after her second week.

4 days in, she brought her "bestie" in for an interview, who is also a single mother. Looked at internet history after they left, Youtube, Facebook, and used cars in the 30k range is what they look at all damn day.

I know for a fact they cant afford it.

Lovely thing happened the other day too, she asked boss for advance on her pay so she could get her hair done. Boss never gave a definite answer, so while he was a meeting, she conned the office guy to endorse the check she wrote herself for 150 and took a 3.5 hour lunch to do the deed.

Friday she tells a customer to shop around for the best estimate.... ****ing seriously

Her bestie is supposed to be selling spare stuff we have around the shop, she took her notes, but she never took any pictures. This was a bad idea, and I told the boss it wont hurt my feelings if he has to let them both go, I think this week it might happen.

When you are single mothers, you should bust your ****ing *** to make a paycheck, and your priority should be your damn kids, not 30k cars, or getting your ****ing hair done........

Old 09-17-2017, 05:49 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Detailed the Hummer and the Suburban today, mowed grass and a ton of other stuff trying to get get ahead since I lost half a day yesterday. We sort of started packing, as long as it is done by Wednesday night I am good. Short work week !!!

Old 09-18-2017, 04:26 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
So is blast off to Mickey World Thursday or Friday? We are down to 25 days for the cruise. I needed bad. This surgery has drained me, have to fix the fence where the dog dug out 3 times in a week did not help. Kinda irrated with my neighbor. Lexie and I were thinking an electric fence may stop the dog from digging. I physically cant clean the fenceline for the wire. Ask my neighbor how much to do for me , he wants a $100.00. But I did not charge them when I worked on there car. The problem stems from when he lost his job. Because of weed now he doing the under the table work and getting screwed over.

Old 09-18-2017, 05:58 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Thursday is tie up loose ends day. They are going to get a few more clothes today. We have a bale of hay coming on Wednesday and moving the horses to the top pasture while we are gone. The girls are getting their nails done Thursday and I am loading the Hummer. Probably going to run into town and pay for car tags while they are at the salon, my birthday is soon. We are departing bright and early Friday morning!!!

I'm with you brother, I so need this vacation it's not funny.

Old 09-18-2017, 01:16 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Very slow at work so I have been driving a street sweeper all day! Big folks from CAT are coming this week and one of the clean up guys is out so it has been a pretty easy day. If it stays this slow I may just take Wednesday off too.

Old 09-18-2017, 02:53 PM
axelgawn
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hturner12
So is blast off to Mickey World Thursday or Friday? We are down to 25 days for the cruise. I needed bad. This surgery has drained me, have to fix the fence where the dog dug out 3 times in a week did not help. Kinda irrated with my neighbor. Lexie and I were thinking an electric fence may stop the dog from digging. I physically cant clean the fenceline for the wire. Ask my neighbor how much to do for me , he wants a $100.00. But I did not charge them when I worked on there car. The problem stems from when he lost his job. Because of weed now he doing the under the table work and getting screwed over.
Hey Hugh, Disney sounds amazing. Where do you guys live now? Glad you are recuperating, I hope it will be better by the time you set sail.

Old 09-19-2017, 02:50 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
If I lived closer I would help you out Hugh. Since it is slow I think I am taking tomorrow off too. I need to mow the mom in laws grass and take care of a few other things for her. I know I am just ready to start our vacation. Hard to imagine that this time next week we will be at Disney and getting ready for our second day at the parks!!!

Wife and daughter went to get a few more pair of shorts and says all the stores are changing over to winter clothes. I told them don't worry as there are plenty of stores in Florida with summer clothes. There is a big outlet just down the road from where we are staying so no worries.

Old 09-19-2017, 04:47 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Alex we are still here in Thomaston. Dr put me on steroids yesterday feel much better todaty
Chief thanks for the offer. I looked at again yesterday it not real heavy growth, me and Lexie should be able to to do it when I get paid.

Old 09-20-2017, 03:35 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Took today off of work too. I was already scheduled to take Thursday and Friday off. We have a busy day planned trying to get things wrapped up before we leave. It looks like the weather is going to be OK and the hurricanes are looking to veer right. News from people at Disney right now is sounding good, lower than average crowds!!

Old 09-20-2017, 06:04 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
You mean yo missed out on riding the sree sweeper all day , to do work at the house. You wilo be doing stuff right up till you leave and driving you think you missed sonething. Gas may be a little cheap on Moddy AFB in Valdosta.
I hadva busy day yesterday. Saw my PCP dr, steroids are kicking butt. Got back damn dog is in the front yard again. So I plugged that hole. Went to Lowes and got a little surprise for them. The hardest part was the grounding rod. I cut an 8 ft in 1/2 and drove both in and jumpered them together. That wore me out. To clean the fence that my neighbor was an ah and wanted 100 , i did with with the hand shears. I still need to cut more pieces of conduit for stakes in the actual fence. Iam putting them abou every 4 in dtiving the 6 8pin deep
Lexie and I both have Dr appointments today here is in town this morning mine is in Johns Creek this after noon .

Old 09-20-2017, 07:33 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
No street sweeper yesterday. They put me on a D8 finishing up a winch install. Had to install the wiring/ control module and put the interior back together.

Old 09-20-2017, 07:35 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
At least the had work for you

Old 09-20-2017, 06:40 PM
Big_Texxan
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
boss mentioned me buying the shop from him, then I proceeded to mention partnership then transfer of ownership... He was not opposed, and seemed surprised I had it already thought it out.

Old 09-21-2017, 04:59 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Sounds like it is fixing to change around for you Jacob.

Spent the morning doing stuff around our house and most of the afternoon yesterday doing stuff for the mom in-law at her house. The girls got their nails done and the daughter has a hair appointment today. Today we finish packing and load the truck!!! I plan on being done early and have a relaxing evening.

Old 09-21-2017, 05:05 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Jacob sounds like a plan. Good luck

Chief yall be carefull. Sleep well tonight, tommorow night you will be up with exictment thinking about all the stuff at Disney

Quick Reply: September 2017 Chat Thread