Sponsored by: DP Tuner

*** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 10:48 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado350
Byron, quit rubbing it in...it's scary dry here in Colorado! I'll take any form of moisture at this point.
I hear you John, It's a PITA, but we need it and will take it. Ugh, fire season may be a tough one for you guys.

Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter
I know it takes work to clear it but to me that is beautiful. And so is Tugly's back yard.
I agree. It's been nice to drink coffee this morning and look out at it. I gotta go work a couple of colts here soon though.

Originally Posted by Wesley Green
What's this snow you speak of? Going to hit 83 here today
No fair Wes!

Originally Posted by ZachinCO

There's been 2 fires up by me this month. The one in Kiowa has me thinking I really need to get better prepped, especially with all the critters.
My parents are down your way near Bradshaw and 24.
Yeah Zach, I really hope fire season is nonexistent for you this year. I was in Wellington when that fire in 2000 hit. I think it was called Gopher Canyon. It was a bad one. I helped a friend of mine rescue some livestock. It was pretty hairy.

Old 03-16-2018, 12:43 PM
ZachinCO
More Turbo
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado350
I got evacuated for the Waldo fire in 2012, 1 year later the Black Forest broke out, people complained they lost everything, didn't have time to get anything....they had a whole damn year to prepare. It's hard to feel sorry for people when they set themselves up be they don't think it could happen to them. I've been helping a buddy out east cut fire breaks into his land. Using an old disk and a harrow to cut the dried grass and create a break just in case a fire broke out. We've even used a grader blade to cut down to bare ground. Fortune favors the prepared! .
At the time of the Black Forest fire, I owned a vacant lot at the north side near Hodgen. If they hadn't been widening Hodgen at the time it may have taken out more folks including my then neighbors. Had to help friends off Walker load up horses and move them in a big hurry. I need to add a few small animal cages to grab critters and go fast.
Originally Posted by BBslider001
Yeah Zach, I really hope fire season is nonexistent for you this year. I was in Wellington when that fire in 2000 hit. I think it was called Gopher Canyon. It was a bad one. I helped a friend of mine rescue some livestock. It was pretty hairy.
Yeah, I hope the whole west avoids the fires, but having been in the mountains recently I'm not very optimistic.

Old 03-16-2018, 01:08 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
You guys all make me jealous. Love that county. Enjoy it while your young. Loved it when we use to go on are 6 week hunting trips in the mountains of Wyoming and Idaho. Just a bunch guys with are own stuff, sleeping and hunting and fishing with that snow all around us. You'd be surprised how much it has changed over the years. Snow comes later and even the cold comes later. Really loved doing that.

Old 03-16-2018, 03:29 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Hey fellas, just for fun if you feel like it this weekend, if you guys look up "driving through San Diego fires" on Youtube, there is a video my friend and I made where we got caught in the Carlsbad fires of 2014. It was totally unplanned, but ended up being a huge news media event on GMA, NBC Today, and CNN. We laughed because were just videoing due to the epic nature of the fires. It was nuts. You'll hear me screaming and my buddy yelling stuff.

Old 03-16-2018, 03:30 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Better yet, here it is....

Old 03-16-2018, 07:38 PM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Received 119 Likes on 84 Posts
Speaking of fires, Fort Carson had one start on Post, 258 homes evacuated, 2500 acres and growing. It spread off Post and in residential areas.

Old 03-16-2018, 08:44 PM
SaintITC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
You idiot. You weren't wearing your seatbelts!!

Old 03-17-2018, 07:40 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
Rich, that second photo is some kind of view! Looks like a nice place to work on a truck....or juts sip a cold one....
The sipping is done on the boat while at anchor for the night. That is a cove on part of the Columbia River, and the navigable stretch between two hydroelectric dams is about 40 miles or so. We jump in the boat, cruise upriver, and drift with the current - spotting scope, binoculars, and camera at the ready to catch blue heron, trumpeter swans, otters, bald eagles, red-tail hawks, kingfishers, osprey, deer, bighorn sheep, ducks, and a variety of other wildlife in view. Great way to unwind.

Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter
I know it takes work to clear it but to me that is beautiful. And so is Tugly's back yard.
I love fresh deep snow, it's just so pretty. I find shoveling snow a good way to work off a morning doughnut.

Our weather is warming up, but I have an old picture of our "neighborhood" that's in the snowy motif. This is looking to the South, toward Entiat, WA.

Old 03-17-2018, 08:48 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by SaintITC
You idiot. You weren't wearing your seatbelts!!
And man did we get slack for not turning the phone the right way!! LOL It was so chaotic that we didn't think about too much. We got caught trying to get away from it, but it had crossed the road so the firefighters were turning everyone around where you had to go back through it. We just shot videoed for friends to see how bad it was. Well my boss said we should put it on Youtube because the file was too big to email to our other boss to see if we should close the store that was 8 blocks away and it went viral form there. We really weren't trying to glorify people's homes burning to the ground. That neighborhood near the beginning was reduced to nothing.

Old 03-19-2018, 01:28 PM
ZachinCO
More Turbo
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Better yet, here it is....

https://youtu.be/fYril_YyaQM
Sad thing about SoCal is that can happen every year. I was still living in El Cajon during the Cedar Fire in '03 working for Bell at the time. Did a lot of rebuild from Alpine down to the border.

This morning here in my neck of CO

Old 03-20-2018, 12:03 AM
Colorado Horseman
Tuned
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by ZachinCO
This morning here in my neck of CO
That new tractor looks great! Son has had me checking out auctions for larger AG tractors and wheel loaders. Nothing decent in reasonable price range. He did get a self propelled swather - sitting in his coal heated workshop right now getting field ready.

Are you feeding round bales? How do you handle them (round or square)?

Daughter and Son in Law going to help my son in MT next week, Inoculation, tagging, nut cutting I think. I'll go in a few months for haying.

Old 03-20-2018, 03:51 AM
Wes444
Logistics Pro
Received 1,133 Likes on 645 Posts
Congrats to Quick444 for making the FTE news page!

Old 03-20-2018, 05:55 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Wesley Green
Congrats to Quick444 for making the FTE news page!

Where would I find that?

Old 03-20-2018, 06:08 AM
SaintITC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
Right now there's a link from the FTE home page, but the article can be found here.

Old 03-20-2018, 07:11 AM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Received 888 Likes on 625 Posts
Thanks for making that easy, SaintITC. That whole story is one to remember, he is an animal, God bless him.

Quick Reply: *** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***