Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

*** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2021, 07:22 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,584 Likes on 2,907 Posts
The thread linked below is not focused on a diesel, but is a very cool build thread going on in the Excursion forum.

Godzila Ford Excursion - Swap happening now

Old 11-21-2021, 08:23 AM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Received 888 Likes on 625 Posts
If you have to fly commercial, look into flying from class 'C' airports. Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson, Phoenix Sky Harbor, Chicago O'Hare, Philthytown's Philly Intl, etc. are class 'B'. The smaller airports have much more convenient parking, no lines and are a lot easier to fly in and out of. You might be surprised at what flights are available out of them as well.

Old 11-21-2021, 08:41 AM
FinnishStroker
Cargo Master
Received 783 Likes on 482 Posts

My brothers 5.9 Dodge just sits in the yard mostly..

..But sometimes it is handy..

The following users liked this post:
Old 11-21-2021, 09:45 AM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Received 2,041 Likes on 1,209 Posts
Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter
If you have to fly commercial, look into flying from class 'C' airports. Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson, Phoenix Sky Harbor, Chicago O'Hare, Philthytown's Philly Intl, etc. are class 'B'. The smaller airports have much more convenient parking, no lines and are a lot easier to fly in and out of. You might be surprised at what flights are available out of them as well.
Chattanooga and Asheville are dreamy to fly in/out of compared to ATL or NYC airports. But, they are pretty limited as to where you can go...

Old 11-21-2021, 10:18 AM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Originally Posted by SkySkiJason
Chattanooga and Asheville are dreamy to fly in/out of compared to ATL or NYC airports. But, they are pretty limited as to where you can go...
They are fickle. Allentown (ABE) up here purportedly goes to Nashville direct along with some other odd destinations. And they can often give you a connecting flight to elsewhere in the world.

Old 11-21-2021, 10:19 AM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
I went to an auction yesterday with about 125 other people and only one was masked up. It felt like the good old days. What's the scamdemic like in Finland?

The following 3 users liked this post by Walleye Hunter:
Old 11-21-2021, 12:28 PM
FinnishStroker
Cargo Master
It's roughly about 50/50 wears mask in public places.
We have a "strong succestion" in mask wearing..

All cashiers etc.,are pretty much masked up,or behind a plex.

Old 11-21-2021, 12:56 PM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Originally Posted by FinnishStroker
It's roughly about 50/50 wears mask in public places.
We have a "strong succestion" in mask wearing..

All cashiers etc.,are pretty much masked up,or behind a plex.
Did they ever mandate shutdowns or any other restrictions?

Old 11-21-2021, 02:21 PM
FinnishStroker
Cargo Master
Yes,restaurants shutdowns,limitations for public meetings and elders to stay at home,for example.

Old 11-21-2021, 08:10 PM
Y2KW57
Received 3,549 Likes on 1,862 Posts

According to these statistics from today, and if I did my math from the above numbers correctly, Finland reports better survival rates than the US... 1 out of every 140 people who contracted Covid in Finland died, versus 1 out of every 61 people who contracted Covid in the US died.

On the other hand, Finland reports lower recovery rates among survivors reported to have Covid, where only 1 out of 3.8 who are inflicted in Finland are reported to have recovered, yet a remarkable 1 out of every 1.2 who are inflicted in the US are reported to have recovered. Interesting dichotomy.

In the US, it is a winner take all, die or recover. Finlanders are apparently harder to kill, but they don't seem to get well soon, or they don't stick around the hospitals for the statisticians to find out one way or the other.

Old 11-21-2021, 09:05 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 377 Likes on 269 Posts
Or it's all skewed stats with comorbidities none of us will ever know about. So many sides to it all. When is flu season coming back? Will that be "back to normal" so to speak?

The following users liked this post:
Old 11-22-2021, 01:12 AM
Y2KW57
Received 3,549 Likes on 1,862 Posts
Well, far be it from me to question or challenge anyone's personal beliefs, but my belief is that @FinnishStroker may very well be built, purine by pyrimidine, from tougher stock, preserved in the ice of the Glacier Age. With the medieval viking cape that Sous adorned his avatar with flowing in the winter wind, Finnishstroker might be seen riding on the rooftop of his van, shouting to his fellow Finlanders... "Every man dies... Not every man really lives!" as he drops a gear and accelerates off toward the Northern Lights... leaving not a puff of smoke behind from his hand hewn injectors. That's what I believe.

The following 3 users liked this post by Y2KW57:
Old 11-22-2021, 01:33 AM
FinnishStroker
Cargo Master
Very well put,Y2KW57!

Yet,two things caught my eye..
(as a detailed man,but not as detailed as you)

Cape in the avatar belongs to Scottish Connor MacLeod,from the movie Highlander, played by Christopher Lambert.
(I do feel that we share the same mentality with the Scottish,atleast what comes to alcohol consumption)

..There Will Be Smoke from those injectors... But indeed less when air temp is below -30celsius and the Northern Lights can be seen!

The following 2 users liked this post by FinnishStroker:
Old 11-22-2021, 06:33 AM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Received 2,041 Likes on 1,209 Posts
Beautiful description Y2K!!!!

One thing we know is there is not a universal standard for reporting morbidity of C19. In this country, if you die and test positive for C19 - you are listed/reported as a C19 fatality. There are also different treatments around the world. The initial hysteria in this country was based on ‘statistics’ in Italy and Spain that predicted this virus would kill 3% or more of our population. They also used ventilators on many victims. The US doctors chose not to use ventilators for the most part - because most of the time when you put someone on a ventilator, they die. (Remember creepy Cuomo the Love Gov demanding 50k ventilators?)

In addition to that, if you ‘test positive’ multiple times - each of those tests are reported as a ‘positive case’ as seen on the ‘news’. On that note, the ‘rapid tests’ are only between 40 and 80% accurate - including false positive and false negative cases. How many people were removed from the workforce and classrooms because of a false positive? (One of my kids got quarantined because a kid on his bus tested positive)

This whole thing has been lunacy. Yes, the virus is real - I know people who were very sick and others with lasting effects even after not being really ill. But, it’s really weird how the gov’t has handled it under the guise ‘we HAVE to do SOMETHING’. They absolutely used it to extract trillions of $$ from the taxpayers.... Meanwhile, I remember when people got the flu and didn’t go to the ER. Everyone knows you increase your chances of infection by going to the hospital, right??

Remember the last time the CDC had the authority to tell landlords they could not evict deadbeat tenants or even SQUATTERS? Giving everyone a free pass on their rent? Oh yeah, that was never...

Coffee is good this AM. Temp is 50*F after a rainy night here in the N. GA mountains. I think forecast for tomorrow AM is 21*F!!

The following 4 users liked this post by SkySkiJason:
Old 11-22-2021, 07:07 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,584 Likes on 2,907 Posts
Originally Posted by FinnishStroker
Very well put,Y2KW57!

Yet,two things caught my eye..
(as a detailed man,but not as detailed as you)

Cape in the avatar belongs to Scottish Connor MacLeod,from the movie Highlander, played by Christopher Lambert.
Finlander, if you are interested... Perhaps we could update the avatar image I originally created for you quite some time ago.

If you are happy with it still, we can leave it and the offer on the table for future use.

Originally Posted by SkySkiJason
Coffee is good this AM. Temp is 50*F after a rainy night here in the N. GA mountains. I think forecast for tomorrow AM is 21*F!!
We winterized the 5th wheel and closed up the slides, then washed the truck and put it away for the winter this weekend.

That same cold front you mentioned is closing in, but our low will be 30° . We are looking forward to a peaceful holiday season and hope it is a good one for all.

Quick Reply: *** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***