1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 F250 6.2L No climate control in remote start options

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 12:39 PM
Devin JD
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 F250 6.2L No climate control in remote start options

Just bought the truck and when remote starting it i noticed it is turning on the heat. Having read a bunch of different posts it sounds like the climate control would be set to automatic which i would like to have it just use were i set my controls. Problem is i do not have any options on the instrument cluster for climate control and no auto button the the heater controls themselves. I would think that means i do not have automatic climate control but it is doing it. Anyone have any idea how to turn it off?

Old 08-06-2017, 03:13 PM
seville009
Logistics Pro
Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
On my 2011, in the winter I set the heater to the temp I want and set the blower settings before I shut off the truck.

Ssme with the a/c - I set the temp and blower controls to what I want them to be before I shut off the truck.

I do have "auto" settings, but I don't use it.

Always works to the settings I left it at when I shut the truck off when I start it with the remote.

It does take awhile to cool the truck down with the a/c though. If it's hot out, and you remote start it, it will probably not start to cool for a few minutes at least.

Old 08-06-2017, 04:21 PM
Devin JD
New User
I had the thought that it might take a minute to start blowing cold air when left on a/c, but after driving for an hour with the a/c on if i remote start after turning the truck off it blows hot air till i put the key in.

Old 08-06-2017, 06:21 PM
Wambo
Junior User
It's my understanding (from other posts on this site) that the HVAC settings during the remote start operation are determined by the outside temperature sensor. If the truck's sensor detects that it's cold outside, it turns on the heat. If it detects it's warm, it turns on the A/C. When you turn the key, the HVAC switches to whatever mode you had it in when you last drove. This may be the opposite of what the computer had determined above. Therefore, I'd first check your outside temperature sensor. Does the truck have the correct outside temperature displayed when you start it? If not, this could be causing your problem. If I recall correctly, the thermometer unit is located in the passenger side mirror. It sounds like the computer is detecting the wrong outside temperature.
Hope this helps.
Best,
Dan

Old 08-06-2017, 06:34 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Wambo
It's my understanding (from other posts on this site) that the HVAC settings during the remote start operation are determined by the outside temperature sensor. If the truck's sensor detects that it's cold outside, it turns on the heat. If it detects it's warm, it turns on the A/C. When you turn the key, the HVAC switches to whatever mode you had it in when you last drove. This may be the opposite of what the computer had determined above. Therefore, I'd first check your outside temperature sensor. Does the truck have the correct outside temperature displayed when you start it? If not, this could be causing your problem. If I recall correctly, the thermometer unit is located in the passenger side mirror. It sounds like the computer is detecting the wrong outside temperature.
Hope this helps.
Best,
Dan
That is my understanding and experience as well. If it's cold out, the truck turns the heat on, if it's warm out, the AC is turned on. When you put the key in, your setting over ride what the truck thought was the best course of action.

If you can get your hands on a OBD II reader and Forscan, you can look at what that temp sensor is reporting - as Dan said - it could be bad or potentially got unplugged/loose connection.

Old 08-06-2017, 06:42 PM
Devin JD
New User
Thanks for the input so far guys. Been researching and logic pointed me to the Ambient temp sensor and sure enough the truck states on the instrument cluster that it is -40F. I am checking now if my Toruqe pro app has a pid that reads the same.

Until then, i have read that the ambient temp sensor is in the passenger mirror and that there is a little cover on the underside to take it out. I do not have the cover on mine. Smooth on the bottom. Does that mean it is somewhere else or will i have to take the housing apart?

Old 08-07-2017, 02:59 AM
Devin JD
New User
When did forscan make an android app??? Guess i haven't checked in a while.

Yep. Showing p0073. Ambient temp sensor circut high. So now i go to my question in my last post. Were is the sensor? Mirror doesn't have a little cover on the underside is it still in there?