N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Hot August 2017 all topic thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 11:27 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 123 Likes on 119 Posts
Hot August 2017 all topic thread

Hello all, and welcome to the hottest month of the year. Hope everyoone can stay cool.

Jim

Old 08-01-2017, 12:12 PM
Modoc
Fleet Mechanic
Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by Nighteyez
Hello all, and welcome to the hottest month of the year. Hope everyoone can stay cool.

Jim
Ugh! We are looking at between 113* and 116* up here depending on location!

Glad the AC is up to snuff in all of the vehicles and home. Now to try and stay out of the field

Old 08-01-2017, 01:14 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Same here, my apt AC works, as does the Thunderbird's.

Jim

Old 08-01-2017, 08:15 PM
bdpotts
More Turbo
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
august already?! are we sure?
where does the time go?

good evening from humboldt!

Old 08-01-2017, 11:20 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Howdy all , been buzzer than a Flea on a Dogs tail , I did how ever manage to Irrigate , install our booster pump for the pool sweep , buy and install 2 new battery's for my Truck they went 3 years and 3 months , why is it that they say 6 year performance when they die at 3 years , well the diesel is running good now,
Joe how's the bullet proofing going?
Andy that sounds like a great time , I've always like going to the race trac , nothing like the smell of Nitrous and burning rubber in the morning lol have a great time
BD , time flys when your having fun
Modoc , 116 is crazy hot , I left Phoenix AZ for that reason , except people down there are wearing sweaters at 100 , 120 with the Humidity at 90 something noooo thank you .
Y'all take care now ya hear

Old 08-02-2017, 10:07 AM
Modoc
Fleet Mechanic
Here is a shot of my CTS Insight yesterday after work

That was my 6.0 after sitting in the sun for 9 hours.

Attached Images  
Old 08-02-2017, 10:11 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Well, you have us beat. So far this summer, I think the hottest temp we have seen was 107 or 108. Can't remember which. Yesterday was 104, and last night at midnight, it was still hot in the apt, so I turned the AC back on for awhile to cool things down before trying to go to bed.

Jim

Old 08-02-2017, 01:32 PM
Modoc
Fleet Mechanic
True, but those displayed temps were in the truck that sits in direct sunlight for 8 hours while I'm at work. My folks have a pair of weather stations that consistently read about 5 degrees warmer than the NWS one at the airport.

Either way, it was REALLyY hot here on the valley floor.

Just keeping good thoughts in place for all of the firefighters and road workers out there right now.

Old 08-02-2017, 02:13 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Hot is hot. Anything over 100 is hot in my book. Heck, anything over 90 is uncomfortable, but over 100? Forget it, I stay inside, unless I have an appointment or something I have to go to.

Jim

Old 08-02-2017, 08:58 PM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Received 213 Likes on 179 Posts
I'm with you Jim. Triple digit temps should be declared illegal. Where's gov'mint when you really need them?

Old 08-02-2017, 09:36 PM
bdpotts
More Turbo
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
yipes! that's too hot to fry an egg!
good evening from the lost coast. thick fog is covering my area of operation. crisp and cool right now. i can't even see the tops of the trees in my own yard its so thick.
been shopping on riffraff. got my shopping cart up to 2 grand or so. and just the simple stuff too.. injectors, cups, cup tool, turbo rebuild kit, and a couple other smaller items..
adds up quick!

have a good evening fella's!

Old 08-03-2017, 01:40 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

92 degrees at 11:30 pm. I am living in the wrong area. Probably 90 in the bedroom too, since the AC in this apartment is one of those hotel/motel below the window things that is in the living room only.

Got addicted to a new game yesterday on the computer. World of Warships. Online multiplayer game and you start out with old relics from the early 1900's and progress up to the WWII stuff as you gain experience, and credits. Pretty good so far. They have a World of Tanks game also, as well as World of Warplanes I believe it is called, but I will stick to one addiction at a time. LOL

Jim

Old 08-03-2017, 10:15 AM
Njstern87
Tuned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Hotter than blazes in sac. Went to Sonoma yesterday to escape the heat, came home and its still to hot. Hoping it starts to cool down at night so I can open windows again and not run ac all night long.

Old 08-03-2017, 10:30 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

I am going to have to rig up some sort of cardboard enclosure for the window AC I have in the bedroom. It has a temp display, and last night when I went to bed it was showing 92. I run it in fan only mode as i do not have it sitting in the window. But this is ridiculous. How am I supposed to sleep in a 92 degree bedroom? So I will get some cardboard boxes, and jury rig a way to duct the heat to the outside and then use the AC part of it to keep me cool at night. Or figure out a way to sleep in the living room. The recliner is disconnected, because the d**m bed bugs came back, so now it is covered with 2 encasements, and i let the cord inside so as to not let them out. However, I also have them in the bedroom now, so somehow either they got out, or it is a second infestation. I am so mad I have to deal with them again it is not even funny...

Jim

Old 08-04-2017, 11:48 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Happy Saturday Nor Cal.

Ended up tossing out my complete bed this morning. Took the sheets off to wash them and found numerous bed bugs scurrying about and several eggs. So I bagged all the sheets and encasements and threw them out and was going to keep the bare mattress and box spring, but figured it would just invite them back especially if there are eggs hidden in the cracks and crevices I can't see. So, now I have no choice but to sleep in recliner in living room. At least I can have the AC on there. Going to have to plug it in though so I can get it to move horizontally. I hate bed bugs.

Jim

Quick Reply: Hot August 2017 all topic thread