Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

torque pro and trans temp issue

Old 06-14-2017, 02:26 AM
brichert
Freshman User
brichert is starting off with a positive reputation.
torque pro and trans temp issue

Howdy all,

A quick (I hope!) question. I monitor the trans temp with torque pro. Every now and again, the temperature suddenly spikes to 1350 for a second or less and then reads normally. So I'm getting really high (possibly infinite) resistance every now and again in the circuit; it doesn't seem to be related to rough road or anything else. So has anyone seen this and can tell me if its a loose or bad wiring harness, or a bad sensor, or something else, and where to go to look? Thanks!

Old 06-19-2017, 09:33 AM
GEugeneS
Elder User
GEugeneS is starting off with a positive reputation.
I am a bit confused. You have a trans temp gauge that reads to 1,350? That sounds more like a pyrometer.

Old 06-19-2017, 10:28 AM
Mark Kovalsky
Post Fiend
Mark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by GEugeneS View Post
I am a bit confused. You have a trans temp gauge that reads to 1,350? That sounds more like a pyrometer.
It's not an actual mechanical gauge. It's a readout of the data from the PCM.
Originally Posted by brichert View Post
So has anyone seen this and can tell me if its a loose or bad wiring harness, or a bad sensor, or something else, and where to go to look? Thanks!
It's probably a problem SOMEWHERE in the wiring harness. Until it gets worse it is going to be difficult to find.

Old 06-19-2017, 10:30 AM
Whitey Ford
FTE-Spread The Knowledge
Whitey Ford has a great reputation on FTE.Whitey Ford has a great reputation on FTE.Whitey Ford has a great reputation on FTE.Whitey Ford has a great reputation on FTE.Whitey Ford has a great reputation on FTE.Whitey Ford has a great reputation on FTE.
Yes most likely it is sensor or wiring related.

Old 06-20-2017, 06:32 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
Sensor with a dead open or short... 1350 degrees F is not in the range for the PCM to report. This sounds more like a communications hiccup, an app glitch, or a tablet issue.