Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

May 2017 chat

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 04:10 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I thought Ocala was about an hour from Orlando. We stayed at the Howard Johnsons in Ocala. It right next to 75. You know the swamp is on fire. Last night they were saying it could beasily Nov before they get it out.

Old 05-09-2017, 05:29 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I saw the news this morning and the fire seems to be more towards Jacksonville so it hopefully wont impact us. I will be excited about being on vacation so I will try to make it as far south as we can. I can let the wife sleep in on Saturday and then just cruise down. I want to try and get to the hotel on International drive late morning and then chill out by the water park the rest of the day. Will more than likely go to Disney Springs late Saturday afternoon or early evening and eat dinner and shop. We were at Disney Springs a few years ago but they have done a complete make over since then.

Old 05-09-2017, 06:15 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Alot of hotels now charge for early checking. For the cruise in Oct I leaning more toward flying down vs driving. Lexie''s back does not do well on long trips

Old 05-09-2017, 06:27 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by hturner12
We stayed at the Howard Johnsons in Ocala.
I was looking at that same hotel last night. Reasonable rates, good reviews, close to the highway, free wifi and breakfast !! I figure if we can get on the highway before noon I can make it there at a reasonable time and not have to really push it.

I was also looking to having some snacks delivered to the room via amazon prime. I have a feeling the back of the Hummer is going to be packed down with luggage.

My wife still thinks I am planning way too far out. I told her September will be here a lot faster than you think.

Old 05-09-2017, 08:39 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Originally Posted by ChiefM
I was looking at that same hotel last night. Reasonable rates, good reviews, close to the highway, free wifi and breakfast !! I figure if we can get on the highway before noon I can make it there at a reasonable time and not have to really push it.

I was also looking to having some snacks delivered to the room via amazon prime. I have a feeling the back of the Hummer is going to be packed down with luggage.

My wife still thinks I am planning way too far out. I told her September will be here a lot faster than you think.
We got a room with the jetted tub Lexie never used it. They were renovating last year. The pool and spa are nice there is a c store in front.
look up aunt Fannies it is about 6 miles away good food reasonable lots of food. Open 24 hours.

Old 05-09-2017, 11:12 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by hturner12
Alot of hotels now charge for early checking.

I already called the hotel and if our room is not ready they will give us towels and a pass to get into the water park. Then they will text us when the room is ready. That's cool with me since I just wanted the kids to enjoy the water park. They have a zero entrance pool under a big canopy so my little man can play too.

Here is a link to the hotel: https://www.cocokeyorlando.com/

I can do early check in at Disney, online 30 days early. I am going to ask for 8 or 9 am check and close to the front. I want to get checked in, settled and rested up for our park visits staring the next day. We have lunch reservations at the T-Rex café for that Sunday afternoon. We can just take the free Disney shuttle from the hotel to Disney Springs.

Old 05-09-2017, 03:41 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
That cool. I am already looking at our shore excursions for Oct. Waiting on commentsome fr9m B-I-L/S-I-L. If I don't hear from them by this weekend, I am go8ng ahead and make the resevations.

There are 3 other ships in Cozemel the same time we are.

Old 05-09-2017, 07:49 PM
yankbs 66f100
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been off for about a week or so. I am now exhausted catching up with you guys. Jacob, slow and steady wins the race in this situation, and keeping the right people around that will support you.

Hugh, good luck with milling the lumber. You will get great satisfaction once you move in knowing where things came from.

Chief, with all the planning that you have, and are doing, you will need the vacation to recuperate.

My excitement for the last week, ordered the carport for the truck. Yippee!

Old 05-09-2017, 08:00 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
The next milling project will be the oak for the floors and then the final one will be pine for the interior walls. Have not decided on counter tops yet. Planning a cruise or trip is easy compared to a house.
I am already looking at shore excursions for our cruise in OCT. Our on board dinning and entertainment is done. Booked the Howard Johnsons in Ocala for the Thursday before and 5he Super 8 in Ft Lauderdale the Friday before we leave on Saturday. Have not got to post cruise

Old 05-10-2017, 03:22 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Bob,
I'm a planner, I can't help it.
It talked with a High School buddy yesterday that lives down there and I have not seen in about 15 years. We made plans on getting together when we come down there. I bought an armored case and a tempered glass cover for the Ipad to make it little man proof. We have some Mickey Mouse clubhouse saved on it and hope he will watch it while we are walking around or waiting in line. Just getting little things here and there that we can use on our trip. I want to get the best bang for our money but don't want to burn the family out either. The wife doesn't want to book a room for the Friday we leave out, just wants to go till we call it quits and find something where ever we are at.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:56 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
We have done the drive till we get tiired thing before, sometimes we got a decent place sometimes not so good. I like preplanning better., giv3s a you a target to reach.

Old 05-10-2017, 05:46 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
We did the no plans or reservation thing once and we ended up with a very bad room, something we laugh about now. Should leave out sometime late morning so I can pretty much make it 99% of the way, all the way if I really push it. But the closer to Orlando I get I worry about a room vacancy and price. If I could make it to the Wildwood area before we call it a day that would be awesome. I found a Motel 6 there for 51 bucks a night, don't need anything fancy just a place to sleep.

I figured out how to get my wife to lean towards my way of thinking. It has to involve either food or animals. Said if we leave early we could eat here:https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...o_Florida.html. We love seafood so it was a non issue!!!

Old 05-10-2017, 06:35 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
After doing cost anylisis we are going to drive. Stop in Ocala for the night eat at Aunt Fannies . Get up next morningg drive to Ft Lauderdale. Pick bil/ silver at airport. Go here for dinner[

URL="http://www.junglequeen.com/jungle-queen-sightseeing,-dinner-and-show-cruise.html"]http://www.junglequeen.com/jungle-queen-sightseeing,-dinner-and-show-cruise.html[/URL].

Leave on the cruise next day

Old 05-10-2017, 09:22 AM
Airborne-F250
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol I feel retarded I didn't check the chapter forum for a new monthly chat so I've been like "wow its been quiet in here"

I've been messed up with a Sevier ear infection and some kind of bacteria on my eardrum "they had to cut a hole In my eardrum! that's a weird feeling" so I've been taking it slow till it heals I have to wear a set of ear covers to keep that ear from being any more damaged
the price I pay for firing guns and using air tools

but I got some buddy's coming over fri-sat to help on BIG RED and my wife said she would lend a hand too " and that's saying something cause she HATES getting grease on her" so I can get caught up on my power curve!

sounds like everyone else is gearing up for vacation's or winding down from there's. I cant wait for mine the week of July 8!

Old 05-10-2017, 09:33 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
The guns and air tools = deafness not infections. Got to take my wife to Dr one of her ears is bothering her again. It a problem she goes thru periodically.

Quick Reply: May 2017 chat