2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Question About Adding Additional Security and Forescan.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 04:44 PM
motofreek77
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question About Adding Additional Security and Forescan.

Hello Gents, I'm interested in adding the Remote Access and Security Kit form Ford but I have a few questions.

1) For those of you using an Android how is the app working for you? The reviews on the playstore are pretty bad.

2) If I decide against the Remote Access can I still run the security kit by itself?

3) I have a Platinum model, what all do I need to purchase if I want the Remote Access and Security System.

Last Question) I want to eventually make some changes with Forescan to the truck. Will doing so conflict with the Remote access or security system in anyway?

Thanks in advance!!

Old 04-27-2017, 05:20 PM
jjmcc2
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by motofreek77
Hello Gents, I'm interested in adding the Remote Access and Security Kit form Ford but I have a few questions.

1) For those of you using an Android how is the app working for you? The reviews on the playstore are pretty bad.

2) If I decide against the Remote Access can I still run the security kit by itself?

3) I have a Platinum model, what all do I need to purchase if I want the Remote Access and Security System.

Last Question) I want to eventually make some changes with Forescan to the truck. Will doing so conflict with the Remote access or security system in anyway?

Thanks in advance!!

Read this thread, if you want the alarm only with no cell/text or email notification just don't add the remote access unit just purchase the VSS.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...urity-kit.html

Old 04-27-2017, 05:30 PM
motofreek77
Senior User
I've read quite a bit into that thread and the questions I'm asking I couldn't really find answers to. jjmcc2 thanks for answering question 2. Can anyone chime in with the rest?

Old 04-27-2017, 06:29 PM
jjmcc2
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've read quite a bit into that thread and the questions I'm asking I couldn't really find answers to. jjmcc2 thanks for answering question 2. Can anyone chime in with the rest?
On question 3. Look at the thread again. You only need the VSS and the Remote access if you currently have REMOTE Start capability from the factory. In other words can you start your truck remotely with your key FOB?

Post 6 tells you what you need, post 34 tells you how to install. If you have the remote start already then you can work with the seller to activate it if he offers. I purchased mine from Fairway Ford on Ebay. Contact them to make sure they will activate of the phone once you install. Installing is simply plugging in cables and turning the KEY on then off, then contacting Fairway Ford or the dealer you buy from.

17 Super Duty F-250 F-350 F-450 F550 OEM Ford Scalable Security Alarm System Kit | eBay

11 thru 17 F250 F350 OEM Ford Remote Access Smartphone Start Application Module | eBay

Old 04-27-2017, 06:48 PM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Most negative reviews are either from people who misunderstood what the app/hardware can do, or live in an area where AT&T service is bad.

Most folks here who have Remote Access (myself included) have a lot of good things to say about it.

Yes you can. However, without Remote Access, you cannot get security alerts sent to your phone.

Trim level doesn't matter, it's all the same hardware. The VSS and RMU modules are never installed as a production option on any Ford or Lincoln vehicle.

FT4Z-19A361-A
DL3Z-19A390-B

It shouldn't have any effect unless you are specifically disabling remote start and/or vehicle security.

If you make changes to the calibration that cause conflicts or DTC's, that could cause remote start to not function until the problem is resolved. By design, Ford remote start will not function if there is something wrong with the vehicle, if it's almost out of fuel, if the battery is low, etc.

Old 04-27-2017, 07:18 PM
motofreek77
Senior User
Originally Posted by Pocket
Most negative reviews are either from people who misunderstood what the app/hardware can do, or live in an area where AT&T service is bad.

Most folks here who have Remote Access (myself included) have a lot of good things to say about it.

Yes you can. However, without Remote Access, you cannot get security alerts sent to your phone.

Trim level doesn't matter, it's all the same hardware. The VSS and RMU modules are never installed as a production option on any Ford or Lincoln vehicle.

FT4Z-19A361-A
DL3Z-19A390-B

It shouldn't have any effect unless you are specifically disabling remote start and/or vehicle security.

If you make changes to the calibration that cause conflicts or DTC's, that could cause remote start to not function until the problem is resolved. By design, Ford remote start will not function if there is something wrong with the vehicle, if it's almost out of fuel, if the battery is low, etc.
Awesome, thanks for the detailed response Pocket!! Purchasing the parts now.

Old 04-27-2017, 07:19 PM
motofreek77
Senior User
Originally Posted by jjmcc2
On question 3. Look at the thread again. You only need the VSS and the Remote access if you currently have REMOTE Start capability from the factory. In other words can you start your truck remotely with your key FOB?

Post 6 tells you what you need, post 34 tells you how to install. If you have the remote start already then you can work with the seller to activate it if he offers. I purchased mine from Fairway Ford on Ebay. Contact them to make sure they will activate of the phone once you install. Installing is simply plugging in cables and turning the KEY on then off, then contacting Fairway Ford or the dealer you buy from.

17 Super Duty F-250 F-350 F-450 F550 OEM Ford Scalable Security Alarm System Kit eBay

11 thru 17 F250 F350 OEM Ford Remote Access Smartphone Start Application Module eBay
Thanks bud!