Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Global Window Open

Old 03-14-2017, 10:54 AM
thebigtruck
Freshman User
thebigtruck is starting off with a positive reputation.
Global Window Open

I didn't want to muddy up the Forscan thread with this question.

For those enabling the global window opening feature, did it not work at all prior to enabling through Forscan? My question stems from when I checked the box in the driver screen menu for global window open and I can open by pressing unlock twice and holding for 5 seconds on the second press. However, I cannot roll the windows back up with any combination of clicks, honks, snorts or flips. I haven't yet gotten the Forscan stuff all set up (been spending on other necessities first), but this has been on my mind since I got the truck a couple weeks ago. Any help would be appreciated. I don't post much, but I read most every day when I take a break at the office. Thanks!

Old 03-14-2017, 12:18 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
EpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant future
It's good that you bring that up because rolling down the windows is a standard feature right out of the box. The problem is rolling the window up which is probably what Ford is trying to control. They apparently do not want the windows going up unless you're in the truck and making sure nothing is in the way. Rolling windows up remotely is a nice feature as you can do it from inside when it's raining outside or if you're in your skivvies and don't want to go outside.

Old 03-14-2017, 12:26 PM
Thumper911
Senior User
Thumper911 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Nearly all auto manufacturers prevent global remote window opening. This is due to legal concerns over injury that could result from closing the window on a pet or appendage/child's head. I realize that nearly all manufacturers have pinch-protection on windows and sunroofs, but the auto manufacturers are fearful of even frivolous litigation. Even Tesla, which traditionally abhors following those legal restrictions, does not allow for global window close.

Old 03-14-2017, 12:49 PM
thebigtruck
Freshman User
thebigtruck is starting off with a positive reputation.
Makes sense now that it's been said. Thanks for the clarification guys!