2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Calling all king ranchers

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 09:20 PM
Strokin-A-2010
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
And Chris I don't know why this guy is telling you don't have to condition the seats. And the king ranch doesn't come with everything a Platinum does. Theres it reason it cost more.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:21 PM
Strokin-A-2010
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Super-Truck
As strokin says, there's really not a big difference between the two. You can load out a lariat to right up there with the KR. The main reason i chose the KR is due to the darker color of the leather. I have several friends that have the tan leather and it just gets dirty too quick. Especially in the perforations. Black leather isn't an option for me as it just gets too hot. The only big difference between the two is the seats. Also in my opinion the KR is way nicer than the platinum. A fully loaded platinum has no more features than my KR, plus the KR has a nicer interior IMO.
Thank you, someone that makes sense.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:24 PM
Super-Truck
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
These trucks arent like the previous year models where you had to upgrade to the higher trim level to get more features. You can spec out a lariat, KR, and platinum to be darn near the same truck besides a few minor differences...

Old 02-03-2017, 09:26 PM
Strokin-A-2010
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Super-Truck
These trucks arent like the previous year models where you had to upgrade to the higher trim level to get more features. You can spec out a lariat, KR, and platinum to be darn near the same truck besides a few minor differences...
Exactly, is there differences in each model? yes, but most of the most options you can get on all three high trim models.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:26 PM
ROADRUNNER1
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Strokin-A-2010
Thank you, someone that makes sense.
Well that guy just said the same as me, the Platinum has nothing more than my fully loaded King Ranch. So I agree with him too. Also, I never said you won't have to condition the seats, just not anymore than a Lariat seat.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:32 PM
Strokin-A-2010
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by ROADRUNNER1
Well that guy just said the same as me, the Platinum has nothing more than my fully loaded King Ranch. So I agree with him too. Also, I never said you won't have to condition the seats, just not anymore than a Lariat seat.
He also said the Lariat can be as loaded as a KR and Platinum.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:33 PM
Chris Crews
Elder User
Okay well for me I don't really care for the two tone paint outside. I like single paint. Not a big huge fan of chrome - but like some chrome.

My gmc sierras leather is getting shiner and only had it for a year and some months.

To me I want an LED headlight package. But I'm wondering if the king ranch interior will last be longer and be a better choice in the long run. That's why I'm seeking advice between the two packages.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:35 PM
Strokin-A-2010
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Chris Crews
Okay well for me I don't really care for the two tone paint outside. I like single paint. Not a big huge fan of chrome - but like some chrome.

My gmc sierras leather is getting shiner and only had it for a year and some months.

To me I want an LED headlight package. But I'm wondering if the king ranch interior will last be longer and be a better choice in the long run. That's why I'm seeking advice between the two packages.
On the KR you have to get the chrome package to get the solid color paint. And in the long run the KR will hold it's value better than a lariat.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:37 PM
KingRanchFan
New User

Changed from a Lariet to a KR mainly for the brown seats, but after having it for two days the motion seats are all my wife talks about. I love them! The Bronze Fire looks so good with that interior.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:38 PM
Strokin-A-2010
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by KingRanchFan

Changed from a Lariet to a KR mainly for the brown seats, but after having it for two days the motion seats are all my wife talks about. I love them! The Bronze Fire looks so good with that interior.
It's my truck!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to get mine.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:44 PM
Super-Truck
Senior User
Originally Posted by Chris Crews

Cant stand two tone myself. I opted for a monotone white KR, however that forces the chrome package which entitles chrome 20's (not bad), mirrors, door handles, bumpers, and tailgate emblem. Still better than two tone at least in my opinion. Ive had my fair share of color matched bumpers and while i think they look 100% better than chrome, the get trashed quick. Maybe ill wrap mine white, well see.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:51 PM
Strokin-A-2010
Posting Guru
I actually had a Blue Jean KR about to order one solid color until I saw the two tone Bronze fire in the sun. Fell in love right then and there.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:55 PM
ROADRUNNER1
Senior User
It's my truck!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to get mine.

You are going to love that truck as I do! Here's mine.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:55 PM
Super-Truck
Senior User
I actually had a Blue Jean KR about to order one solid color until I saw the two tone Bronze fire in the sun. Fell in love right then and there.
Yea, i see some awesome colors especially the bronze fire two tone. But my OCD wont let me actually purchase one for myself. Definitely good looking trucks, but for some reason i cant break out of my comfort zone enough to buy one just yet.

My favorite combo is the black w/ magnetic two tone. My dream truck! I just couldnt justify getting that color without a garage to keep it in. I would never be able to keep that black the way i want the way i would use the truck.

Old 02-03-2017, 10:14 PM
Chris Crews
Elder User
So I'm getting feed back that the king ranch is a better choice

Quick Reply: Calling all king ranchers