F1 horn button. - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

F1 horn button.

Old 01-19-2017, 12:05 PM
Posting Guru

Okiedokie is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Okiedokie is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Thanks Ross for the pictures. I have been assembling with the spring under the metal tab because that is the way it came apart. Just sitting the spring on top of tab, under the button allows it to go together. Thanks for everyone's replies. You guys are the best. Joe
Old 01-19-2017, 12:16 PM
Postmaster

Moe Craig has a great reputation on FTE.Moe Craig has a great reputation on FTE.Moe Craig has a great reputation on FTE.Moe Craig has a great reputation on FTE.Moe Craig has a great reputation on FTE.Moe Craig has a great reputation on FTE.
Hey Ross, thanks for the pics... I've been wondering where the isolator goes and looks like. Do you have the dimensions of the one you made?
Old 01-19-2017, 12:25 PM
Posting Guru

Okiedokie is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Okiedokie is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Anyone have a picture of how the wire is routed after the bottom of the steering box? The wire I removed had been shortened and the wire from the relay lengthened. While I have it I might as well make it nicer.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:05 PM
postin' fool

ALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Craig View Post
Hey Ross, thanks for the pics... I've been wondering where the isolator goes and looks like. Do you have the dimensions of the one you made?
Sorry, no access to it. The stock one is a fiber washer with ID to clear the crimp on the wire and OD to match the depression in the upper cup. I used a "christmas tree" push-in fastener that the tree broke off, drilled it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiedokie View Post
Anyone have a picture of how the wire is routed after the bottom of the steering box? The wire I removed had been shortened and the wire from the relay lengthened. While I have it I might as well make it nicer.
From the steering box over to the frame then up in the bundle that goes to the hi/lo beam switch. Can't swear it's 100% correct but that's how mine was.
Old 01-19-2017, 02:17 PM
Posting Guru

Thanks again Ross.
Old 01-19-2017, 02:59 PM
Postmaster

Moe Craig has a great reputation on FTE.Moe Craig has a great reputation on FTE.Moe Craig has a great reputation on FTE.Moe Craig has a great reputation on FTE.Moe Craig has a great reputation on FTE.Moe Craig has a great reputation on FTE.
Finding something to repurpose is a great thing in my book... Thanks for the reply... I was going to try and go use a 3D printer to make one if I could find blueprints for it... I don't currently have the horn button or the spring so I need to find them before I can design it from scratch.
Old 01-19-2017, 04:31 PM
Posting Guru

Moe I have a spring and button [useable for design only] I can send you if you like.