2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Headlights and oncoming traffic

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 11:13 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 540 Likes on 264 Posts
Originally Posted by Kenv
One more thing to clarify....the road rage will probably not come from someone whipping around and chasing you down....it will come from you being behind a car at a light and you are blinding the car in front of you. They will get out...walk back and confront you as to why you have your brights on. That's the likely scenario....not the on-coming traffic brightness. Again....chances are slim....but the more these new lights start showing up...the more issues I see possibly happening.
Yeah, I thought of that. It would take a highly agitated individual to do that. They have no idea who they are approaching. As the person on the defensive, you have a lot of options. You may be able to drive away. You may be able to actually talk to the individual and calm them down.

If they physically hit your vehicle or attempt to force open a door or break a window, then you have the right to draw a weapon or use your Super Duty's size to push your way out of the situation. This would be last resort options.

But seriously, the bright lights causing your scenario to happen seems like the furthest thing from my mind when I drive. I swear the Corolla headlights are much worse, and there are a lot more of those around.

Old 01-11-2017, 02:35 PM
johnnich33
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm still driving my 13 Platinum and I'm very much looking forward to the LED's on my new truck once it arrives. This thread is funny to me because I will drive my current truck with the highs on and forget to turn them off when opposing traffic comes because I never get flashed. My wife once suggested we count how many cars we can pass before getting flashed, needless to say, we made it to our destination without a single flasher.

Old 01-11-2017, 02:38 PM
Kenv
Posting Guru
Ahhh...yeah john...whole different ballgame between the 13 and 17 lights. You will be impressed!! The whole package on this truck is quite a lightshow.

Old 01-11-2017, 02:47 PM
johnnich33
Junior User
The LED's are the option that excite me the most. It will be nice being able to see the suicidal deer before needing stand on the brakes.

Old 01-11-2017, 07:56 PM
FOUNTAIN 1
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kenv
One more thing to clarify....the road rage will probably not come from someone whipping around and chasing you down....it will come from you being behind a car at a light and you are blinding the car in front of you. They will get out...walk back and confront you as to why you have your brights on. That's the likely scenario....not the on-coming traffic brightness. Again....chances are slim....but the more these new lights start showing up...the more issues I see possibly happening.
id think twice about jumping out of a car bitching at some one, around here .. trigger happy suckers everywhere ,, can I say Chicago ...lol

Old 01-11-2017, 08:05 PM
Wannaf250
Freshman User
I took delivery this evening at 6:00 at got flashed 3 times on the way home (40 minute ride). I have the LED's and a 250 on 20's. Wow.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:18 PM
Kenv
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by FOUNTAIN 1
id think twice about jumping out of a car bitching at some one, around here .. trigger happy suckers everywhere ,, can I say Chicago ...lol

Yeah Fountain...for sure. I'm sure people are uneasy even indoors up there sometimes.....

Old 01-11-2017, 10:19 PM
Kenv
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Wannaf250
I took delivery this evening at 6:00 at got flashed 3 times on the way home (40 minute ride). I have the LED's and a 250 on 20's. Wow.

NOW do you believe me....LOL.....Congrats on your new truck. Post some picks up when you get a chance.

Old 01-12-2017, 11:53 AM
AK_SuperDuty
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by troverman
Yeah, I thought of that. It would take a highly agitated individual to do that. They have no idea who they are approaching. As the person on the defensive, you have a lot of options. You may be able to drive away. You may be able to actually talk to the individual and calm them down.

If they physically hit your vehicle or attempt to force open a door or break a window, then you have the right to draw a weapon or use your Super Duty's size to push your way out of the situation. This would be last resort options.

But seriously, the bright lights causing your scenario to happen seems like the furthest thing from my mind when I drive. I swear the Corolla headlights are much worse, and there are a lot more of those around.
Driving with overly bright lights is one thing. Flashing someone with a light bar when they're being a dick and leaving their high beams on is one thing. Following someone to their destination because of their car vehicles lights being too bright to confront them...that's an entirely different ball game. I welcome the mental midget who's dumb enough to follow and confront me about my headlights some day. Luckily I live in Alaska and we have juries and judges who generally support removing these genetically deficient individuals from the human race.

Old 01-12-2017, 12:26 PM
FOUNTAIN 1
Elder User
Originally Posted by AK_SuperDuty
Driving with overly bright lights is one thing. Flashing someone with a light bar when they're being a dick and leaving their high beams on is one thing. Following someone to their destination because of their car vehicles lights being too bright to confront them...that's an entirely different ball game. I welcome the mental midget who's dumb enough to follow and confront me about my headlights some day. Luckily I live in Alaska and we have juries and judges who generally support removing these genetically deficient individuals from the human race.
exactly . you persue me and I'm doing nothing wrong .. and I feel threatened ,, well open cary here . have to protect family n self .. one thing to give me the finger . another to threaten or escalate to confrontation .. too many wac jobs . druggies ect ..

Old 01-12-2017, 07:43 PM
Powerslide
Freshman User
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Passed a few 17' 250's with LED's now in my F150 and I dont find them as harsh as most of the fancy imports. The light is less harsh in the LED SD's since its coming from multiple lights vs one ultra bright led (like most cars)

Passed a 17' with LEDs on my way home last night, pouring rain, did not bother me. Sure they are brighter and higher than average but definitely not as bright as a normal car with high beams.

I think ford has nailed it in terms of maximum allowable brightness.