2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Too many headlights

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 05:36 PM
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too many headlights

I live in Alberta Canada and I've been noticing that some of the new Super Duty trucks that I meet at night have all 4 headlights, plus fog lights, and the "C" daytime running lights lit up. These trucks have LED headlights and aren't hard on the eyes when meeting. Not sure what's up with this. I'm waiting for my F350 4x4, 6.7 crew cab long box Lariat ultimate package in white platinum to be delivered. It apparently went into production yesterday. Hopefully will get it in March.

Old 02-14-2017, 06:35 PM
Teddy O
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree, but I know a lot of guys here like their lights!

To me, the new higher-trim SD's w/ a 8 LED headlights look like something a teenager would cobble together. Too many blue lights for my taste. But I respect the guys in other parts of the country who need all that light!

Old 02-14-2017, 07:09 PM
Top_Speed1
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Teddy O
I agree, but I know a lot of guys here like their lights!

To me, the new higher-trim SD's w/ a 8 LED headlights look like something a teenager would cobble together. Too many blue lights for my taste. But I respect the guys in other parts of the country who need all that light!
Huh? You agree that these LEDs aren't hard on the eyes of oncommers? Cuz that's what the OP was posting. And, I have no idea where teenagers cobbling up lights come from this, and then we get blue lights out of this also? Wow, u lost the F out of me on this post.

Maybe I need a stiff drink? Lol

Old 02-14-2017, 07:26 PM
StreamlineGT
Posting Guru
Are the fog lights led also? Pics please.

Old 02-14-2017, 07:34 PM
Top_Speed1
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by StreamlineGT
Are the fog lights led also? Pics please.
Yes, all 4 lights are LED. Lows, highs, fogs, DRLs

There a ton of pic and even better videos, google 2017 quad beam headlights

Old 02-14-2017, 07:36 PM
Top_Speed1
Posting Guru
I should also add, thru FORscan, you can get your truck programmed to allow all on at once. Some are calling this Bambi mode.

Old 02-14-2017, 07:38 PM
REPO.
Senior User
Yup, I love the LEDs. It was one of my deciding factors for sure. The Dodge headlights suck!
I live in a place with 6.5 hours of daylight in winter. My commute is 1/2 hours, while dodging deer and moose daily! Hoping they are good enough that I don't need to install another darn light bar.

Old 02-14-2017, 08:01 PM
New User
Originally Posted by Top_Speed1
I should also add, thru FORscan, you can get your truck programmed to allow all on at once. Some are calling this Bambi mode.
These lights were on a low power mode. They weren't bright enough to see much I'm sure. I always thought that you can't have high beams and fog lights on together. I do like the led lights and ordered them on mine but wasn't aware of the low power or Bambi mode.

Old 02-14-2017, 08:19 PM
StreamlineGT
Posting Guru
Great, more shiitake to buy.

Old 02-14-2017, 08:34 PM
Teddy O
Junior User
Originally Posted by Top_Speed1
Huh? You agree that these LEDs aren't hard on the eyes of oncommers? Cuz that's what the OP was posting. And, I have no idea where teenagers cobbling up lights come from this, and then we get blue lights out of this also? Wow, u lost the F out of me on this post.

Maybe I need a stiff drink? Lol
Lol, the title is "too many headlights", so I assumed the OP meant the LEDs ARE hard on the eyes, and just had a spelling error. I guess I don't know what the OP is trying to say then. There are too many headlights that are easy on the eyes? Lol.

I knew I'd be in the minority in disliking all the LED's anyway. Everyone loves that stuff

Old 02-14-2017, 09:20 PM
camping nut
Tuned
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by 1959
These lights were on a low power mode. They weren't bright enough to see much I'm sure. I always thought that you can't have high beams and fog lights on together. I do like the led lights and ordered them on mine but wasn't aware of the low power or Bambi mode.
Funny I also live in Alberta and I saw a new F350 during the daytime and all the lights were on in the front but like you said they were very dim. I do not have my new truck so I can not check it to find out if this is normal.

Old 02-14-2017, 09:42 PM
New User
Originally Posted by camping nut
Funny I also live in Alberta and I saw a new F350 during the daytime and all the lights were on in the front but like you said they were very dim. I do not have my new truck so I can not check it to find out if this is normal.
I'm glad someone understands what I was trying to say. I'm not good at getting my point across. It just looked strange to see so many lights on the front but not bright at all. I guess it's better to look cool than seeing what's in front of you. I was worried that they maybe had problems with the electrical on the trucks.

Old 02-14-2017, 09:44 PM
Kenv
Posting Guru
To the OP...you CAN'T have all 4 on...and the "fog" lights...which I assume you mean the ones down in the bumper. You can only run these in the low beam...unless the truck has been messed with. So that's 2 squares, both C's and the lower...but not 4 squares....

Old 02-14-2017, 09:48 PM
camping nut
Tuned
Originally Posted by 1959
I'm glad someone understands what I was trying to say. I'm not good at getting my point across. It just looked strange to see so many lights on the front but not bright at all. I guess it's better to look cool than seeing what's in front of you. I was worried that they maybe had problems with the electrical on the trucks.
Was it a silver truck near Airdrie

Old 02-14-2017, 09:49 PM
camping nut
Tuned
Originally Posted by Kenv
To the OP...you CAN'T have all 4 on...and the "fog" lights...which I assume you mean the ones down in the bumper. You can only run these in the low beam...unless the truck has been messed with. So that's 2 squares, both C's and the lower...but not 4 squares....
If it is the same truck that I saw it had all the lights on including the ones in the bumper.

Quick Reply: Too many headlights