2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

"Field Service Action: Oil Pressure"

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 08:45 PM
Wannaf250
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This totally, and finally explains the stop ship. I wonder if Ford is trying to do the fix themselves before they ship to dealers.

Old 12-30-2016, 09:01 PM
ruphianh
Tuned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by FONRDAY
My dealer nows nothing of this and says and should not post that with out a service manger approval and let us have the case number......
This makes no sense. Try typing this again.

Old 12-30-2016, 09:02 PM
ruphianh
Tuned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Wannaf250
This totally, and finally explains the stop ship. I wonder if Ford is trying to do the fix themselves before they ship to dealers.
That would be the right thing to do, but it hurts knowing my truck is sitting there waiting for shipment

Old 12-30-2016, 09:15 PM
Wannaf250
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I looked at the video closely and you can read a bit of the documentation he references if you hit pause at the right time. There is no doubt this is a legitimate issue.

Old 12-30-2016, 09:19 PM
FONRDAY
Laughing Gas
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
there is no stop ship

There are more orders for f250-f750 ever

Old 12-30-2016, 11:04 PM
railrode1
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I looked at the video closely and you can read a bit of the documentation he references if you hit pause at the right time. There is no doubt this is a legitimate issue.
I tried to run the vin on the winndow sticker thru etis to see the build date. All I could see was HEB46194. I tried exchanging that on my vin but no luck. Anyone with a platinum vin want to see if it works?

Old 12-30-2016, 11:15 PM
AllGoNShow
Junior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Punched my Platinum VIN into;
https://owner.ford.com/tools/account...e/recalls.html

No recall yet? Lots of oil pressure on cold starts.

Although I am going to check the harness he noted, I smelled some warm plastic during break in.... great...

Old 12-30-2016, 11:19 PM
railrode1
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AllGoNShow
Punched my Platinum VIN into;
https://owner.ford.com/tools/account...e/recalls.html

No recall yet? Lots of oil pressure on cold starts.

Although I am going to check the harness he noted, I smelled some warm plastic during break in.... great...
how about replacing your VIN with the portion I listed above on etis? I'm looking for a build date on the Platinum truck in the video.

Old 12-30-2016, 11:33 PM
AllGoNShow
Junior User
Originally Posted by railrode1
how about replacing your VIN with the portion I listed above on etis? I'm looking for a build date on the Platinum truck in the video.
Little harder than that, mine is a 450 so my VIN is likely different between that section, we need to find a SRW 350 Platinum VIN and then do it.

EDIT:
I think I found it;

VIN: Removed by mod
Recall Date: DEC 19, 2016
Recall Title: FRAME CROSSMEMBER REINFORCEMENT BRACKET INSPECTION
NHTSA Recall Number: AWAITING#
Ford Recall Number: 16S45
Recall Description: SOME F-SUPER DUTY PICKUP VEHICLES BUILT WITHIN THE SUSPECT DATE RANGE MAY BE MISSING A FRAME REINFORCEMENT BRACKET AT THE ATTACHMENT OF THE FRONT FUEL TANK STRAP, WHICH IS REQUIRED ON THESE VEHICLES FOR LONG-TERM DURABILITY. FORD IS NOT AWARE OF ANY REPORTS OF ACCIDENT, INJURY OR FIRE RELATED TO THIS CONDITION.
Risk to Safety: THE FRAME REINFORCEMENT FOR THE FUEL TANK SUPPORT STRAP IS REQUIRED ON SUPER DUTY PICKUP APPLICATIONS FOR LONG-TERM DURABILITY. OVER TIME, THE MISSING REINFORCEMENT ON THESE VEHICLES COULD LEAD TO THE FUEL TANK STRAP SEPARATING FROM THE FRAME, RESULTING IN THE FUEL TANK MOVING OUT OF POSITION AND POTENTIALLY CONTACTING THE GROUND, INCREASING THE RISK OF A FUEL LEAK. A FUEL LEAK IN THE PRESENCE OF AN IGNITION SOURCE MAY INCREASE THE RISK OF A FIRE.
Remedy Program: OWNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY MAIL AND INSTRUCTED TO TAKE THEIR VEHICLE TO A FORD OR LINCOLN DEALER TO INSPECT FOR THE PRESENCE OF A REINFORCEMENT ON THE #3 CROSS MEMBER AT THE FRONT FUEL TANK STRAP ATTACHMENT LOCATION. IF NO REINFORCEMENT BRACKET IS FOUND, THE DEALER WILL INSTALL A REINFORCEMENT BRACKET. THERE WILL BE NO CHARGE FOR THIS SERVICE. FORD IS EXCLUDING REIMBURSEMENT FOR COSTS BECAUSE THE ORIGINAL WARRANTY PROGRAM WOULD PROVIDE FOR A FREE REPAIR FOR THIS CONCERN. FORD WILL FORWARD A COPY OF THE NOTIFICATION LETTERS TO DEALERS TO THE AGENCY WHEN AVAILABLE.
Manufacturer Notes: TO CHECK FOR NON-SAFETY-RELATED PROGRAMS APPLICABLE TO YOUR VEHICLE, SEE HTTP://WWW.FORD.COM/ OR CALL YOUR FORD DEALER.

VIN:
FSA Title: ENGINE OIL PRESSURE INSPECTION
Field Service Action Number: 16U32

Old 12-30-2016, 11:34 PM
AllGoNShow
Junior User
I thought the frame support issue was Gas motors only, that shows on the diesel VIN if that is indeed the truck.

EDIT:
ETIS Truck info
Build Date: 12.09.2016
Vehicle Line: F-Series Super Duty
Body Style: Double Cab (3/4 Door)
Version: 350 Series
Engine: 6.7L 4V V8 T/C Diesel
Transmission: 6 Speed Auto Trans (6R140)
Drive: LHD 4WD (PTD)
Axle Ratio: 3.55
Emission: 50 State Emission Requirements
Air Conditioning: High Capacity Air Conditioner
Territory: (+)"USA"
Paint: Ingot Silver Metallic 2

Old 12-30-2016, 11:36 PM
AllGoNShow
Junior User
So my truck is;
Build Date: 14.10.2016

And no oil pressure FSA listed, possibly a supply issue with a specific batch of parts? Hopefully...

Old 12-30-2016, 11:46 PM
The Ace of Spades
More Turbo
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Now I see why it costs 110 bucks for a shop tech to diagnose a vehicle. That dude had nothing but time to waste while he took 10 minutes to spit out what should have taken 60 seconds.

Old 12-30-2016, 11:53 PM
AllGoNShow
Junior User
Bunch of old grumps here... be happy the tech even made the damn video! Maybe it was made on lunch, maybe after hours, maybe he was getting paid, but if it wasn't for his post, you wouldn't even know about the issue! Shops pretty quiet, wouldn't surprise me if it was lunch or end of day, no one else is working, either way I am happy for the video being made in the first place.

Every shop charges for diagnostic, don't like it? Go buy your own $3500+ scan tool and learn to work on your own junk without factory support, get dirty, bend in positions you haven't bent in years to inspect stupid clips and wires, oh don't forget then $20-100k tool chests they use to get the job done once they have figured out the issue during the diagnostic time.

Old 12-31-2016, 04:02 AM
radium
Elder User
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
So true what you just said. Instead of everybody understanding there could be a possibility of an issue you attack the mechanic for making the video typical BS. I can tell you after talking to my brother yesterday there is an issue and it has to do with the pump itself they found one on there lot should have never made it past quality control when I get more information I'll post it with pictures not afraid of Ford LOL. He's a mechanic after all not a News anchor and some of the comments that have already judged him because of his comments and conversations reminds me of what a bunch of small-minded little children are on the support site and I'm sure I'll get in trouble for saying that while the rest of the members blast a simple innocent mechanic for making a video about a possible recall take care

Old 12-31-2016, 05:20 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 540 Likes on 264 Posts
Interesting shop. None of those trucks are in a lift bay.

Quick Reply: "Field Service Action: Oil Pressure"