2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

"Field Service Action: Oil Pressure"

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 05:43 PM
radium
Elder User
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
LOL you're just going to get the post edited again with that video they'll carry on about the mechanic again and forget about the issue at hand too funny

Old 01-02-2017, 07:27 PM
FishOnOne
Lead Driver
Received 1,534 Likes on 949 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Imagine if Nick were still here...LOL...

LOL.... Nick was the expert.

Also I don't have any issue with this tech at all.... Try watching joe diesel 187 for entainment purposes.

Old 01-02-2017, 07:33 PM
stepponne
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think 1% is a little low. I just got my 250 lariat on Thursday, I had the dealer check for recalls because I wanted to check the one for the fuel tank (didn't know about this one). They gave me a print out saying it was all good. Well, I started to take off Saturday afternoon and got the low oil pressure warning. Not really sure what they mean by a cold start but I'm in SC and it was about 50 degrees. Had it towed to dealer today. Thats when I found out about this recall. Service manager said he can see the service notice but they didn't show a fix. Ford was closed today (Jan 2) and he's going to call in am to see what they say. Better not be 2 weeks before they come up with a fix!!

Old 01-02-2017, 07:53 PM
railrode1
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by stepponne
I think 1% is a little low. I just got my 250 lariat on Thursday, I had the dealer check for recalls because I wanted to check the one for the fuel tank (didn't know about this one). They gave me a print out saying it was all good. Well, I started to take off Saturday afternoon and got the low oil pressure warning. Not really sure what they mean by a cold start but I'm in SC and it was about 50 degrees. Had it towed to dealer today. Thats when I found out about this recall. Service manager said he can see the service notice but they didn't show a fix. Ford was closed today (Jan 2) and he's going to call in am to see what they say. Better not be 2 weeks before they come up with a fix!!
What is your build date? I'm in the Charleston area waiting on my 12/3 build to arrive. I expect Ford to be flooded with inquiries at startup tomorrow.

Old 01-02-2017, 07:55 PM
stepponne
New User
Originally Posted by railrode1
What is your build date? I'm in the Charleston area waiting on my 12/3 build to arrive.
I think it was Oct but I'm not sure. Not sure how to check since the truck is at the dealer.

Old 01-02-2017, 07:58 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 700 Likes on 454 Posts
I think it was Oct but I'm not sure. Not sure how to check since the truck is at the dealer.
You can plug your VIN into FordEtis home page

Old 01-02-2017, 08:00 PM
railrode1
Senior User
It will be on your weight rating sticker in the driver's door jamb. I'm guessing your truck was dealer stock. I know that has to be an uneasy feeling.

Old 01-02-2017, 08:01 PM
FONRDAY
Laughing Gas
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
What happened to someone

Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
OK, to add a little levity to this thread, I contacted someone in the know at Ford and got the following response on this issue. Initially I thought it was off the record but he gave me permission to share it here with you fine folks. He also said he'd drop in and clear up any additional questions if needed. So, no stop ship at all. Just a pre delivery test...
that you know

"It's real, but very exaggerated by the video floating around and the forum threads.

Right now it's a standard demonstration/delivery hold. The bulletin is posted up on Ford's internal website for dealers. It's a simple scan with IDS at startup that the tech must check. If the truck passes the test, it's ready to sell and no repairs are required. If it fails the test, the dealer is to hold it until parts and repair procedures are released, due mid January.

Here's the kicker.... Ford is currently estimating about 1% of trucks are affected. So it's not a widespread problem. I'm certain that a few people will take this and run as if all trucks are now a disaster waiting to happen.

Basically it's the engine oil pump that is the culprit. The test checks the oil pressure at startup, as the OIL_LOW_SW PID must change from "low" to "not low" in less than 3.25 seconds. If the oil pump can't get the pressure up within that time, it leaves the engine vulnerable to catastrophic damage and low-mileage failure."

Speaking of Curtis... scroll down...
what happened you say u now someone and ?

Old 01-02-2017, 08:04 PM
stepponne
New User
Originally Posted by Tom
You can plug your VIN into FordEtis home page
I thought it was Oct but this says 5-10-16???

Old 01-02-2017, 08:06 PM
railrode1
Senior User
I thought it was Oct but this says 5-10-16???
That means the 5th of October 2016.

Old 01-02-2017, 08:06 PM
stepponne
New User
It will be on your weight rating sticker in the driver's door jamb. I'm guessing your truck was dealer stock. I know that has to be an uneasy feeling.
Yeah but the truck is at the dealer's now. Local dealer traded it from a dealer in Alabama. Was just what I wanted, lariat long bed etc. Everything but the shoddy oil pump

Old 01-02-2017, 08:08 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,206 Likes on 579 Posts
Originally Posted by FONRDAY
what happened you say u now someone and ?

What happened to what? Curtis posted right below my post? If you have any further questions, ask him...

Old 01-02-2017, 08:08 PM
stepponne
New User
That means the 5th of October 2016.
Oh. I didn't realize an American company would use European date format

Old 01-02-2017, 08:17 PM
Wannaf250
Freshman User
Stepponne,

Thanks for the update and looking up your build date...very helpful. Good luck getting it resolved.

This is getting very interesting.

Old 01-02-2017, 08:35 PM
FONRDAY
Laughing Gas
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Yeah very interesting o

Originally Posted by Wannaf250
Stepponne,

Thanks for the update and looking up your build date...very helpful. Good luck getting it resolved.

This is getting very interesting.
Since this just a test for ford on silver vechiles only
LOL just random checking of different temperature through out the us that's what his brother said
there has been no stated oil pressure problems found or reported

Quick Reply: "Field Service Action: Oil Pressure"